Hey, we’re Article. We’re a digital-first furniture brand that’s engineering remarkably better furniture experiences. We don’t have brick and mortar stores, so we’re able to deliver better value on beautiful, modern furniture. Because of this, we’re growing like crazy and we need a few more hands on deck.
We’re looking for a Regulatory Compliance Coordinator to oversee all branding and labelling requirements for products and packaging. Key responsibilities include ensuring legal compliance of all our products, and staying up to date with any law revisions that may affect our products in the North American marketplace.
Reporting to the QA Manager, the Regulatory Compliance Coordinator is an essential contribution to the Article team. Responsibilities and daily tasks include:
- Obtaining information from Suppliers and ensuring legal compliance for all products and materials in our markets.
- Researching and developing law-accordant labels for every category of product offered.
- Verifying certifications from all Suppliers and ensuring their validity.
- Staying up to date on legislative revisions in CA and US, and communicating with certification authorities as required.
- Coordinating with our in-house legal and product experts, as and when required.
- Reviewing product assembly instructions to ensure all quality, technical, legal and branding specifications are compliant.
- Maintaining an ongoing record of revision history on product certifications, labels and assembly instructions.
- Coordinating Artwork layouts on cartons and ensuring compliance as per Article's branding and packaging requirements.
- Ordering and coordinating logo-labels and hang-tags shipments, and monitoring its inventory.
- Keeping track of all labelling requirements for new product orders, as well as re-orders for existing products.
- Procuring necessary information and assisting Suppliers with correct implementation of the above.
- Coordinating all the above between the Quality Assurance, Graphics, Product development teams, and Suppliers.
- Assist Quality Assurance team with ad-hoc projects, as and when needed.
- 2 to 3 years of experience in a similar role requiring detailed planning, verifying and record keeping skills.
- Knowledge of US and Canadian legal requirements for importing and retailing Consumer Goods in North America.
- Proficient with researching deep into government websites for obtaining compliance information.
- Advanced user of databases and spreadsheet software, such as Access & Excel.
- Possess a strong Quality and Compliance mindset.
- Ability to multitask in fast-paced environments.
- Ability to organize large data, plan, and keep projects moving on schedule.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to cross-check one's own work.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- A professional and positive attitude.
- A desire to continually improve, and a strong work ethic.
We want Article to be an amazing place to work, and we do our part to take care of our team. In addition to a competitive salary, we provide:
- The tools you need to get your job done well! We supply state-of-the-art laptops and monitors, keyboards, laser printing, wireless mouses, and the software you need to succeed.
- A great, pet-friendly office. The Article space is housed in a converted warehouse with in-house photo studios, an airy open layout, complimentary snacks, and a killer sushi joint just up the street.
- Access to a benefits package with all the bells and whistles.
- Discounts on our products, plus free upgraded delivery so you can style your home how you like it.
- Regular extra-curricular activities, such as socials, open-mics, picnics... even cross-country skiing! We’re open to suggestions for fun new activities so bring a few ideas along.
This is a great opportunity to join a Lean thinking team in an open office culture, and potentially work towards a Regulatory Compliance Specialist role.
Ready to become a Particle? Apply today. We're excited to meet you.