Dillon is a well-established, employee-owned professional consulting firm operating across Canada and internationally. We provide a wide range of consulting and design services related to the infrastructure, real estate, resource, industrial and government sectors in Canada and abroad.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Legal Counsel in our London office.
- Assist the Corporate Counsel on a wide range of legal andbusiness matters affecting the firm including professional liability, risk management, construction law, insurance, corporate governance, compliance, privacy, commercial real estate, collections and employment law
- Draft, review and participate in the negotiation of professional service and corporate/commercial agreements
- Conduct legal researchand provide assistance and training to technical staff
- A Juris Doctor or equivalent legal degree from an accredited Canadian law school
- Active membership in an applicable bar association
- One year of post-call experience in a law firm or corporate legal department
- Proven ability to work independently but also as part of a fast-paced multidisciplinary team
- Superior drafting, analytical, organizational, time management, and task-prioritizing skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to interact effectively and efficiently with non-legal professionals and clients
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent problem-solving, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Although not necessary, a technical background and experience within a professional services consulting organization would be considered an asset
Apply online by providing a cover letter and resume of education and experience.