Legal Administrative Associate
- BASF Canada
- Legal Assistant
- Minimum Level of Education
- Certificate from community college
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 10+ years
You can be part of an inclusive team of diverse talent and character. In this diversity lies our greatest strength.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF Canada has been recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for 2018, as well as one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers for 2018.
Where the Chemistry Happens…
The Legal Administrative Associate will provide administrative and clerical support to the BASF Canada Legal Department.
This position requires a high degree of confidentiality and discretion. The successful candidate will be creative, able to multi-task, and will support a workplace that embraces diversity and inclusion and encourages teamwork.
Formula for Success: You Will…
- Create and maintain the file systems, database management, organizing meetings, booking travel arrangements, processing expenses, connecting effectively with the Businesses and corporate services (IT, Human Resources, Finance)
- Provide assistance on a wide range of organizational and departmental projects.
- Reconcile external legal fees with hourly rates and agreed-upon alternative fee arrangements, liaise with external firms, and process all legal invoices.
- Compose, draft and/or edit legal documents under direction, including basic internal and external correspondence, contracts, reports, memoranda, etc., using templates and precedents.
- Verify accuracy in draft work, and edit or identify deficiencies, as necessary, as well as incorporate proposed amendments into document revisions, all with strong attentiveness to detail.
- Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to: preparing correspondence, performing corporate searches, office supply management, prepare and organize presentations, and other duties as assigned.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
- College diploma/certificate in a related field required, combined with at least 10 years of experience as a Legal Assistant at a law firm or in an in-house setting.
- Ability to demonstrate a sound use of legal terminology, language, and vocabulary.
- Strong computer, organizational and communication skills, tact, diplomacy, and sound judgment.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision within a dynamic team, where problem-solving ability and enthusiasm will be highly valued.
- Experience working on special projects, being flexible regarding types of tasks assigned, and showing initiative to develop new projects.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with conflicting priorities and deadlines is critical.
- Well-developed computer skills are essential, including proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of applications (with advanced level PowerPoint skills), legal billing software (e.g., DoeAscent), Adobe Acrobat Professional, and related software, combined with an ability to learn new applications quickly.
- French language skills are an asset.
We welcome and encourage applications from all persons. BASF has a robust policy of accommodating employees who are able to perform the essential duties of the job upon accommodation. In particular, applicants with disabilities are entitled to a recruitment process and accessible materials.
Similar searches: Legal Assistant