Reporting to the SVP & General Counsel, this Legal Assistant will be responsible for a variety of administrative tasks. This role will appeal to an outstanding problem solver who thrives in a collaborative environment.
- Coordinate lawyer’s calendar to ensure effective and efficient use of time; arrange meetings, appointments, conferences and travel. Determine meeting preferences and ensure time conflicts are resolved in a mutually agreeable manner. Book meetings and distribute agendas and minutes
- Demonstrate proficiency in a variety of software applications to effectively prepare information including correspondence, reports, presentations, spreadsheets, etc.
- Develop and maintain effective office record keeping systems, administrative practices and procedures
- Prepare and drafting various correspondence and documents
- Prepare document briefs as required
- Basic Paralegal task such as assisting with drafting resolutions and being actively involved in files
- Maintain an efficient file management and bring forward system
- File management (scanning/copying documents, saving documents in the department’s document management system and/or physical files/binders)
- General administrative duties as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Detail oriented, with superior organizational skills and the ability to prioritize a high volume of tasks and competing priorities
- The ability to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Client centered approach with the commitment to providing outstanding service
- Ability to follow instructions and adhere to strict deadlines
- Considerable knowledge of legal terminology
- Knowledge of company organization, structure, business processes, etc.
- Willingness to take on tasks as needed
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a corporate Legal Administrative Assistant
- Successful completion of a two-year Legal Assistant diploma from a recognized institution