Senior Legal Counsel & Compliance Officer
- Lawyer - In House Counsel
- Area of Practice
- Corporate/Commercial Law
- Job Type
- Full time
- Minimum Level of Education
- Professional degree - LL.B
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 1-3 years
SiriusXM Canada, the country’s satellite radio broadcaster, is currently seeking a Senior Legal Counsel and Compliance Officer who will be responsible for advising the business on commercial and regulatory matters while working directly with functional groups across the organization. The individual will report to, and work in close collaboration with, the Senior Vice President & General Counsel.
This position is best suited for a business-minded lawyer with negotiating, contracting and licensing experience with strong project management and communications skills.
• Advise and support key stakeholders on the drafting and negotiation of commercial agreements, content licences and outsourcing agreements
• Provide legal advice on a broad range of issues including communications, consumer protection, and privacy laws
• Work with management to develop and oversee regulatory compliance programs and reporting
• a J.D./LL.B and call to the Ontario Bar
• 2-7 years of relevant legal experience in business and commercial law and familiarity with communications laws and consumer issues obtained from a law firm or related industry
• Excellent communication and writing skills
For more information about this opportunity and to apply please send your cover letter and resume using the Apply button.