The Onni Group is a leading real estate firm based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada with offices in Toronto, Los Angeles and Chicago. This diverse company is vertically integrated with in-house departments responsible for execution of the company’s activities including property development, construction and management as well as leasing, sales and marketing.
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented professional to join the in-house legal team in Vancouver.
- Negotiate, manage, and take responsibility for key contractual provisions with subcontractors, suppliers, and professionals engaged across business units;
- Revise and update variety of contract templates;
- Support departments in resolving conflicts pursuant to contractual obligations and in keeping with core business goals;
- Engage and manage external legal counsel in support of litigation and real estate development matters; and
- Provide broad legal support to every business element within a diverse and growing organization.
Summary of Qualifications & Requirements:
- 3+ years of private-practice legal experience.
- Skilled in contract management, negotiation, and drafting.
- Experience in litigation or insurance (including coverage disputes, reporting, and familiarity with various policies in construction and property management space) considered an asset.
- Excellent organizational and time-management practices required to manage high volume of diverse matters.
- Strategic planner with confidence to balance legal risks with business interests.