TMAC Resources is looking to hire a Governance and Compliance Officer who will be responsible for the timely and accurate preparation and filing of all regulatory filings and documents, the corporate secretarial functions and will ensure applicable compliance for TMAC. The position is responsible for ensuring that the company is in compliance with all regulatory matters and also assists with other ad hoc items including contract reviews.
This role will report to the President & CEO. The position is located at the Toronto Corporate office.
- Prepare, coordinate the timely completion of, and file all monthly, annual and ad hoc regulatory filings, including but not limited to the insider trading reports, Annual Information Form (AIF), annual and quarterly management discussion and analysis (MD&A) and Financial Statements, the Management Information Circular, Form of Proxy, Form 40-F, Form 1, extraterritorial registrations, etc. on appropriate platforms including SEDAR, SEDI and TSX Secure File.
- Maintain the corporate governance manual and update to reflect changing conditions including position descriptions and certain Board policies.
- Work with relevant staff to prepare for all Board and Committee meetings.
- Identify items that require approval by the Board and Committees drafting resolutions as required and ensure that legal review is undertaken as appropriate.
- Ensure meeting notifications, agendas, minutes, resource documents, etc. are completed and issued in a timely manner.
- Coordinate, attend and prepare minutes of the Disclosure Committee, Board meetings as well as certain Committee meetings.
- Maintain Directors’ Matrix and monitor Directors’ other directorships, meeting attendance record, biographies, etc.
- Liaise with Directors and Officers and ensure timely SEDI filings.
- Review, format and edit certain documents including leases, contracts and disclosure documents.
- Maintain corporate documents and records (articles of incorporation, minute books).
- Maintain the Confidentiality Agreements database and electronic data room.
- Maintain share pool records of all long-term incentive plans and ensure equity plans are in compliance and the requirements of regulatory authorities are met.
- Monitor risk management and registry.
- Ensure appropriate records management for all regulatory and compliance documents.
- Manage calendar for corporate events related to governance matters.
- Monitor certain agreements and contracts to ensure ongoing reporting requirements to third parties are met.
- Assist with the development of materials as needed.
- Stay abreast of new and evolving regulatory requirements.
- Provide assistance to other departments as needed.
- Demonstrate awareness and commitment to health, community and environmental protection and take action to ensure that unsafe practices or non-compliant behaviours do not occur.
- Inform, involve and engage the key internal and external stakeholders appropriately; develop and maintain positive relationships and represent TMAC positively in the community.
- Other such duties as may be assigned.
- 4-6 years of related work experience.
- Recent law school graduate, Paralegal or Legal Assistant certification.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of board and corporate governance – law, trends and best practices.
- Experience working in the mining industry is an asset.
- Knowledge of public company regulatory framework.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, particularly around quarter end.
- Excellent project management, coordination and planning skills.
- Team player able to work independently and collaboratively.
- Follows through on tasks, works well under pressure and delivers results on time.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Hands-on, self-sufficient and demonstrates a positive, can-do attitude
- Advanced knowledge of the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of electronic data rooms and contract management software.
TMAC encourages applications from all qualified candidates. TMAC accommodates persons with disabilities. Contact Daphne Voo at email@example.com or 416.628.0216 if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.