Please note that this 17 Month Contract comes with benefits
Deloitte Tax Law LLP (DTL) is a national law firm with offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto and Montreal. Our team of tax lawyers has extensive experience in the areas of tax controversy and tax litigation, and in advising on the legal aspects of all tax issues and transactions. In addition to its team of tax lawyers, DTL is privileged to be affiliated with Deloitte, a professional services firm with global eminence.
The role of the Legal Administrative Assistant is to provide senior-level administrative support, while working alongside the lawyers to manage their practices. The Legal Administrative Assistant must be detail oriented, anticipatory, organized and able to work independently in a fast-paced environment while managing confidential information.
The Legal Administrative Assistant possesses a practical body of knowledge that is applied in the delivery of practice support and market development. This support includes tracking, driving and coordinating end-to-end client deliverables and marketplace activities. Direct administrative support for the lawyers includes drafting correspondence and marketing materials, email and calendar management, expense reporting, travel arrangements, and reporting using the firm’s resources/software.
The Legal Administrative Assistant provides an elevated level of administrative support according to the needs of the lawyers and legal practice. This role includes, but is not limited to, the following primary duties:
- Represent the lawyers in a professional and confident manner, in both written and verbal communications, internally and externally
- Proactively manage the lawyer’s schedules with respect to client events and business-related activities, with minimal input and direction
- Handle work-related matters on behalf of – and alongside – the lawyers, most of which are highly confidential in nature
- Prepare invoices for client matters; follow up same to ensure collection
- Proactively drive the client life cycle with primary responsibility for meeting client deadlines with quality deliverables
- Anticipate business and client service needs, demonstrating resourcefulness and critical thinking
- Develop business acumen in order to anticipate internal and external client needs (e.g., independently anticipate the next step in a process, be resourceful and one step ahead)
- Identify opportunities to be a brand ambassador by building strong relationships with the Partner’s external clients, marketing and account support teams, so that access to clients can be expedited via these positive relationships
- Work collaboratively, leveraging appropriate firm resources to manage, own and minimize administrative tasks for the Partner
- Coordinate and attend internal/external meetings as requested to document action items for independent follow up
External Posting Qualifications
- Minimum 2 years' work experience in a law firm in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Exceptional commitment to client service and continuous improvement
- Ability to deal with highly confidential information; diplomacy, conciliation and discretion are all vital in this role
- Demonstrated aptitude to prioritize tasks based on comparative importance and urgency
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and direction
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Effective decision-making ability
- Confident communication and active listening skills are critical
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to build effective relationships and work collaboratively in a team environment
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for continuous learning relevant to the role
- Flexibility to work overtime, if required
- Knowledge of document management systems such as ProLaw
- Advanced-level knowledge of common industry software such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make a greater impact than you ever thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and drive our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, and lead.
At Deloitte, we understand that everyone, and their career goals, are different. As a firm, we help create the conditions and opportunities that will enable our people to thrive – both professionally and personally. We do this by making three commitments to our people:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world’s best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to work how you want, and we have innovative spaces and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Apply now and let us show you how to push your career to the next level at Deloitte. The One Firm. For You.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted