Risk and Privacy Coordinator
- Homewood Health
- Guelph, ON
- Lawyer - Other, Paralegal
- Area of Practice
- Privacy Law, Risk Management
- Job Type
- Permanent, Full time
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 1-3 years
Homewood Health is Canada's leader in mental health and addiction services and we offer the most comprehensive and integrated continuum of services available in Canada. We are redefining mental health and addiction services to help Canadians live healthier, more productive and more fulfilling lives.
With over 130 years of experience, Homewood Health Centre is one of Canada's largest and leading facilities for medically focused, physician-led treatment of mental health and addiction disorders.
We are hiring a Full-time Risk and Privacy Consultants for the Homewood Health Centre in Guelph and are looking for you. You’re a great fit, if you thrive in a fast-paced environment, are passionate about innovation, foster collaboration, and are committed to service excellence.
Hours of work: Full Time (70 Hours Bi-Weekly)
What you'll be doing
• Provides assistance with development of Organizational policies and procedures for Homewood Health Inc. and Homewood Health Centre to ensure ongoing compliance with federal, provincial, and other related legislation
• Supports the monitoring of operational compliance with policy
• Interprets policies and procedures and agreements and makes procedural decisions.
• Communicates with legal counsel, internal and external coordinators and investigators, prepares letters, and compiles patient health record documents and other materials and coordinates meetings/interviews for clinical case reviews, sentinel events, legal issues/claims, human rights complaints, mental health act appeals.
• Coordinates, analyzes and consolidates information for the Risk Management Report for Board.
• Establishes and administers a process for receiving, documenting, tracking, investigating, and taking action on all complaints concerning the practice/organization’s risk and privacy policies and procedures
What we're looking for
• Canadian Certification by the International Association of Privacy Professionals
• Canadian Risk Management certification
• 3 to 5 years progressive experience as a risk management and/or privacy professional in a health care setting
• Experience providing risk management and/or privacy assurance services and leadership in a fast paced project team environment
• Experience with conducting and/or providing oversight for PIA’s
• Experience with health records management an asset
• Proficiency in both English and French an asset
• Extensive knowledge of risk management, privacy, confidentiality, and security of information
• Extensive knowledge of federal, provincial, and other relevant legislation
• Strong organizational, analytical, investigative, written and oral communication skills
• Strong project planning and implementation skills
• Comfortable working with multiple software platforms
• Comfortable learning new technologies
• Ability to work with remote stakeholders in a geographically dispersed environment
• Ability to work well and interact with all levels of management and staff, patients and external sources
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Excellent judgment, problem resolution, and decision making abilities combined with integrity
• Proactive and results oriented
Why work for us
We are driven by our values and are passionate about improving lives. We offer a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package and professional development opportunities. Our remarkable organizational culture also makes for an exceptional workplace environment. Join us and work along-side highly motivated people who are collaborative and focused on delivering seamless services and programs to our clients and customers.
In accordance with the various provincial legislations that we operate under, Homewood Health is committed to working in collaboration with any team member who may require workplace accommodation in order to successfully perform any or all aspects of their role.Join Homewood Health and be part of an exceptional team that is helping Canadians live healthier, more productive and fulfilling lives. We thank all applicants for their interest: however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.