Staff Clinician - Specialized Services (Law Society of Ontario)
Homewood Health is Canada's leader in mental health and addiction services and we offer the most comprehensive and integrated continuum of services available in Canada. We are redefining mental health and addiction services to help Canadians live healthier, more productive and more fulfilling lives.
This position is responsible to provide direct counselling services to Homewood Health’s EFAP clients, including counselling and peer liaison services to lawyers and paralegals under Homewood’s contract with LSO, and to ensure that the clinical service delivery meets the highest level of industry and accreditation standards.
Hours of Work: Permanent Full-Time, 37.5 hours per week OR Permanent Part-Time, 18.75 hours per week.
What you'll be doing
• Deliver EFAP counselling services, assessments, case management, and direct clinical services to our clients in the legal sector; including lawyers and paralegals
• Establishes treatment plans, with outlines a specific plan of action with each client and completes case progress notes
• Participate in in-house training as required
• Act as a peer liaison along with others supporting the LSO and provide advice, support, training and orientation
• Assist in the training, development and ongoing maintenance of the peer program
• Deliver and co-deliver workshops related to mental health and wellness
• Receive crisis calls from the Client Services Center as required
• Provide afterhours crisis calls services
What we're looking for
• Masters in Counselling, Psychology, Social Work or other related discipline
• Prefer concurrent law degree or training in addition to counselling degree
• Must hold valid registration with the relevant governing body
• 5-7 years’ experience in mental health and short-term, solution focused counselling
• Trauma intervention services experience an asset
• Experience working in the legal sector an asset
• Knowledge of assessment, crisis management, and EFAP services an asset
• Excellent command of the English language, both verbal and written, French skills would be an asset
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Ability to proficiently use Microsoft Office & Outlook (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Why work for us
We are driven by our values and are passionate about improving lives. We offer a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package and professional development opportunities. Our remarkable organizational culture also makes for an exceptional workplace environment. Join us and work along-side highly motivated people who are collaborative and focused on delivering seamless services and programs to our clients and customers.
In accordance with the various provincial legislations that we operate under, Homewood Health is committed to working in collaboration with any team member who may require workplace accommodation in order to successfully perform any or all aspects of their role.Join Homewood Health and be part of an exceptional team that is helping Canadians live healthier, more productive and fulfilling lives. We thank all applicants for their interest: however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.