In-house Contracts Analyst
- Lawyer - In House Counsel, Lawyer - Other
- Job Type
- Minimum Level of Education
- Professional Degree - LL.B or B.C.L
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 1-3 years
Wood is a multi-national, world class engineering and construction company, is seeking to fill an in-house Contracts Analyst position. The candidate would report directly to the Commercial Director for Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions Business Line (E&IS) headquartered in Alpharetta, GA.
The successful candidate must be bilingual (French and English) and have a good working knowledge of French Canadian contracts and Quebec law. The duties will entail applying the Wood Contracting Policy to incoming contracts, some contract drafting and negotiations of engineering and construction type contracts with both private entities as well as state and local governments. The candidate will be expected to maintain an office presence with regular business hours at E&IS Office in Montreal, Canada, but will be a part of the Global Commercial team with direct reporting to the Corporate Headquarters in Alpharetta GA.
We are seeking a highly motivated candidate with an excellent ability to grasp contract and business issues quickly, communicate well and operate closely with Operations Managers across E&IS’s global business. Equally important, the candidate must be willing and able to provide practical and constructive contracts advice to Operations Managers in a fast-paced, dynamic business environment. The position is an excellent opportunity for career advancement in a renowned, multi-national, engineering and consultancy company.
Skills / Qualifications
The successful candidate will be expected to bring the following credentials and understanding to the position:
- 1 to 3 years of transactional and contracts experience with a law firm or an engineering or construction company
- Bilingual, English and fluent in French
- Degree from an accredited law school
- Demonstrated capability in drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts
- Excellent communication skills
- Practical and proactive problem-solving skills
- Strong business acumen and excellent judgment
- Personable, critical thinker able to partner with Operations Managers globally
- Driven to achieve excellent results and win-win negotiations for Operations and Clients
- Ability to work independently and under time pressured deadlines
- Highest ethics, mature, confident and able to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic business environment
- Competent computing skills
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.