Legal Knowledge Engineering Associate - Banking
- Kira Systems
- Lawyer - Other
- Area of Practice
- Banking & Finance
- Job Type
- Full time
- Minimum Level of Education
- Professional degree - LL.B
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 1-3 years
Are you a talented, experienced banking and finance professional looking to use the knowledge you’ve gained in your field in a new way? Do you love the intellectual challenge of understanding complicated agreements, but feel like you are ready to have more control over your time?
Kira Systems is looking for a banking/finance legal professional to help train Kira’s artificial intelligence technology to find information in agreements.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to be part of a cutting edge industry and a company that is making a tremendous impact in your field. You will build positive relationships with clients while helping them get the most out of Kira.
We are experiencing unprecedented growth and this is an environment where your contribution and expertise will be supported, acknowledged, and rewarded.
Interested? Let’s talk. Your day-to-day
As a Legal Knowledge Engineering Associate, you will be responsible for understanding the needs of our clients and teaching Kira to find the information they need it to find. You will become an expert in using Kira Systems’ machine learning software.
- Develop new “smart fields” (machine learning algorithms that can find information) for banking and finance documents.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of what information banking and finance professionals need to find in their documents.
- Work with and support other teams at Kira Systems, such as product, design, sales and customer success.
- You have one or more years of experience reviewing documents like credit agreements, indentures or other finance documents, gained in a law practice or in house role.
- You have the ability to learn new technologies quickly and are not intimidated by trying something new.
- You have extraordinary attention to detail and are highly organized.
- You are a relentless and creative problem solver, and your analytical skills are exceptional.
- You have strong time management skills and can successfully juggle multiple priorities.
- You are highly responsible, self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- You empathize with people. Your first instinct when asked for something is to try to find a way to say yes.
- Kira Systems offers a competitive benefits package. Details vary by location but typically include health insurance and more.
- Macbook Pro for work use.
- Flexible working hours and ability to work remotely.
We want to hear from you. Make sure you include:
- a resume or LinkedIn profile,
- a cover note explaining why you would be a good addition to our team, and
- your compensation expectations.
Why Join Kira Systems?
- Team. Our team is filled with smart, curious, independent, self-motivated, and nice people. Together, we have a happy and fun team culture.
- Personal Development. We work on challenging problems. It’s hard, in a good way.
- Technology and Design. Machine learning is driving a new industrial revolution, and it’s terrific to work closely with this impactful technology. Moreover, we care about great design and a great customer experience.
Meet us and figure out whether Kira Systems would be a great place for you too.
While experience and skills are valuable - growth potential, values and attitudes are equally important to be a successful Kiran. If you're prepared to grow and aren’t above doing anything (we’re pretty low ego over here - we just do what needs to get done!), consider applying. We understand that the most creative solutions require diversity in thought and life experiences.
Kira Systems believes that at the foundation of our success are the people who work here. We are an equal opportunity employer and believe our diversity is a driver of success at our company. Any race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation or identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status are welcome here. Accommodations are available on request for all aspects of the selection process.
Please be aware that due to the nature of our business all successful candidates must clear a background check before beginning employment.