Who we are
We are a boutique Employment Law firm providing expert legal advice to employers and employees on all workplace matters. We are looking for an Associate Lawyer to support our firm’s continued growth. Our firm is flexible about the duration of the position (e.g. 1 year agreement or indefinite).
What We Need
This role requires an individual with a proven track record and 4-6 years of broad experience working in an Employment Law firm with a demonstrated capability in dealing with all aspects of employment law. The individual will be capable of carrying files independently with minimal supervision, including litigation matters.
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Exceptional practice management skills and strong interpersonal and writing skills
- Superb client-service orientation and an understanding of achieving excellence
- Sound judgement and the capacity to manage multiple and competing priorities
- Proven ability to work independently in a team-oriented environment
- Passionate about mentoring and developing members of the Legal Team and those in our sister HR business – MaxPeople
- Experience in cultivating new business through a variety of business development activities
- Strong working knowledge of Legal Software (PC Law) Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is required.
- A values based individual who consistently demonstrates behaviours aligned with our Firm’s values including: Respect, Initiative, Passion, Excellence and Teamwork
What We Offer
Rodney Employment Law is committed to your individual success and provides opportunities for career and professional advancement. We are a learning environment and maintain a fun and outgoing, yet professional environment that truly values our employees. As a valued member of the team, you will take part in our rewards and recognition program, discretionary performance-based incentive program, team-building and community volunteer events. We have cultivated a continuous learning environment by offering educational reimbursement and by providing stretch opportunities for staff to develop.
How to Apply
If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume and official law school academic transcripts in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org using the Apply button. In addition, we would like to thank all applicants for applying for this position. However, you will only be contacted if your candidacy is being considered further.
Rodney Employment Law is committed to accommodating persons with disabilities as part of our hiring process.