Senior Contract Administrator
- Lawyer - In House Counsel, Lawyer - Other
- Area of Practice
- Contract Law
- Job Type
- Full time
- Minimum Level of Education
- Professional degree - LL.B
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 4-10 years
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
In your role, you will report to the Manager of Contracts, Specialized Aircraft, Business Aircraft, and lead all contract activities related to the sale of Specialized aircraft and modifications programs from negotiation of any new agreements through to contract closeout. More specifically, you will:
- Support complex aircraft and/or modification program sales, delivery objectives by providing ongoing commercial and/or legal support to internal and external customers;
- Drive business results by anticipating risks and, in concert with internal stakeholders, initiate creative and effective mitigation plans to protect Bombardier’s interest and protect aircraft delivery and program schedules;
- Engage with management to raise unresolved contractual risks in a timely way;
- Liaise with internal stakeholders, including Sales, Legal Services, Export Control, Tax, Risk Management, Finance, Program Management and Customer Account Management to ensure rigorous contract compliance and adherence to corporate policies, all while delivering an exceptional customer experience;
- Lead negotiations and draft contractual documents including amendments, assignments and service agreements;
- Initiate correspondence to customers, including invoices, in accordance with the agreement and ensure appropriate follow-up;
- Participate in customer meetings as well as departmental and program reviews, as required; and,
- Contribute to process improvement and governance activities related to the functions of the department.
You may be required to occasionally travel and work extended hours during peak business periods.
As our ideal candidate,
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Law, combined with seven (7) or more years of contract drafting, negotiation and/or contract management experience.
- You have strong business acumen, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and can advocate with confidence and diplomacy.
- You have excellent time-management and organizational skills.
- You take initiative, make sound decisions and are detail-oriented.
- You show strong leadership and have the ability to work autonomously with minimal direction.
- You thrive in a deadline-driven, results-oriented environment and have the flexibility to adapt to rapidly changing priorities.
- You have a high level of proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of contract/Purchase Order terms and conditions and the government contracting process including sole source and competitive procurements would be an asset.
- You are bilingual in French and English. Knowledge of a foreign language would be an asset.
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Your ideas move people.