- Lawyer - In House Counsel, Lawyer - Other, Paralegal
- Job Type
- Temporary, Full time
- Minimum Level of Education
- University degree
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 4-10 years
Working directly with the Contracts Officers and under the supervision of the Chief Operations Officer, the Senior Contracts Officer will:
- Review, draft, negotiate and administer clinical trial agreements with industry, fund transfer agreements, data transfer agreements grant agreements with Canadian funding agencies, and inter-institutional agreements with other research institutions and private sector companies
· Provide support and guidance to researchers, administrators, and external clients with regards to the management and execution of research contracts
- Undergraduate degree in law
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience working at a senior level with contracts and contract negotiation at a research institute, or in academia, industry, or government.
- Proficient with contract language used in legal documents.
- Several years of progressively responsible administrative experience.
- Advanced knowledge of scientific and medical terminology.
- Ability to develop good working relationships with outside organizations.
- Strong negotiating, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience using computer systems and software such as: Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Advanced knowledge of acts, regulations, and compliance legislation governing human research and knowledge of Canadian, US and international guidelines as they apply to clinical trial contracts and management (e.g. FDA and Health Canada regulations, Good Clinical Practice, Tri-Council Policy Statement, Personal Health Information Protection Act, etc.)
- Experience in drafting and negotiation of research contracts with industry partners/pharmaceutical companies, including Clinical Trial Agreements
- Bilingualism (spoken and written) would be an asset
SALARY: Will commensurate with skills and experience.
· Able to work in a dynamic, often hectic, environment and able to multi-task
· Able to professionally deal with colleagues, visitors, and representatives from various levels of other organizations
· Able to be flexible with working hours in order to meet deadlines
· Able to work under tight deadlines
· Able to adjust to and accommodate constantly shifting work priorities
· Able to work in a team as well as independently
· Valid police record check required
Interested applicants may send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com.
Should the applicant require any accommodations during the application process please notify Human Resources as per the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Applications will only be considered from those that are eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.