- CPA Recruitment
- Legal Assistant
- Area of Practice
- Corporate/Commercial Law, Real Estate Law
- Job Type
- Permanent, Full time
- Minimum Level of Education
- College diploma
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 1-3 years
Our client is a leading healthcare service provider experiencing heavy growth. They are looking to add a Legal Assistant to work out of their GTA office.
You will be responsible for performing legal and clerical duties, primarily in the areas of real estate, intellectual property and general corporate and commercial law. This includes all aspects of commercial leasing, assisting with the preparation of legal documents and correspondence, maintaining status reports and tracking the progress of various matters.
What we are looking for you to do:
- Complete corporate filings, license renewals and registrations as required
- Reviewing business term sheets and identify appropriate precedent documents and clauses
- Reviewing first draft of legal documents, including leases and related agreements
- Maintain a diary and filing system to ensure appropriate follow up and retrieval of documentation
- Collaborating with Legal, Real Estate, Insurance and Finance teams to ensure proper reporting, up to date files, etc.
- Performing administrative duties, including typing, distributing/delivering correspondence, photocopying, faxing, organizing and maintaining files and answering phones
- Assisting with all other legal and administrative duties while coordinating and assisting General Counsel with assigned matters
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3-5 years’ working experience in corporate law, real estate, commercial leasing or a related field
- Post-Secondary education in a law clerk or Legal assistant program
- Team player with good communication skills and a positive, energetic personality
What we will offer:
- An attractive salary and benefits package.
- An amazing opportunity to grow your career with a leading healthcare provider.
If you are passionate driven Legal Assistant looking to join an industry leading healthcare company, please submit your resume in Microsoft Word format – and don’t forget to include your accomplishments and achievements!