- Lawyer - In House Counsel, General Counsel
- Area of Practice
- Corporate/Commercial Law, Banking & Finance
- Job Type
- Full time
- Minimum Level of Education
- Professional degree - LL.B
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 4-10 years
With a focus on Mobility, Operational Excellence, Value to our Customers and the Electrification of vehicles, you can expect to be part of something exciting. From the sleek design of our vehicles to the unique opportunities we offer around the globe, Nissan exemplifies ingenuity in everything we do. Our people are what drive the business forward.
We’re currently looking for an Associate General Counsel to join our team in Mississauga, Ontario.
Provides legal counsel to management and employees. Provides advice on commercial/wholesale financing matters and consumer and commercial lending/finance, Marketing and advertising and assists in managing litigation, contract review, legal transactions, legal compliance and other matters. Supervises outside counsel.
Job functions include but are not limited to:
- Manages all legal aspects of Nissan Canada Finance retail and commercial/wholesale financing matters and consumer and commercial lending/finance transactions, and provides legal analysis and advice on all aspects of retail lending issues ranging from documentation, administration, enforcement and recovery. Includes management of workouts and bankruptcies and cost of credit and consumer protection matters.
- Manages and coordinates litigation, including decision-making regarding case strategy, documents preparation and legal research management of outside counsel.
- Works with marketing and advertising group to provide advice on all legal aspects relating to national marketing and advertising and competition law matters. Interfaces with national and regional dealer network staff. Reviews, coordinates and supervises market representation legal matters. Provides legal advice on other dealer issues such as financial interventions, dealer disputes, warranty, cooperative advertising, pricing, discounting, contests, incentives and dealer relations.
- Responsible for Nissan Canada consumer or corporate legal compliance, including preparation of company forms, contracts and other documents, and research and advice to clients regarding policy and procedures, programs, projects or other company business.
- Responsible for ensuring finance and lease activities compliance and regulation and main liaison with captive finance associations regarding legal matters of interest to the Company.
- A minimum of four to five years legal experience, including experience in relevant practice area (retail and commercial/wholesale financing matters and consumer and commercial lending/finance transactions) Law degree from an accredited law school; member of bar in the province of Ontario.
- Additional preferred subject matter expertise in one or more of the following areas: auto financing and consumer lending, marketing and advertising, competition law, business litigation management and complex commercial contract review.
- Ability to communicate legal advice effectively in both written and oral forms to all levels of management and employees and handle highly confidential and sensitive matters
- Ability to function independently to formulate and implement actions necessary to obtain desired results.
- Bilingualism is an asset, English and French
Welcome to an open lane of possibility. Drive your career forward and join the company leading the technology and business evolution of the automotive industry by applying today.
All of us at Nissan – regardless of functional area or expertise – share a passion to design, manufacture, and sell high-performance vehicles. It is Nissan’s policy to provide Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, gender, disability, or any other status protected by law. Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work in Canada and will be required to provide proof of employment eligibility at the time of hire. **Visa sponsorship for this position is not available at this time.**
Mississauga Ontario Canada