Tilray is a federally licensed producer of medical cannabis. We are committed to setting the gold standard of care and excellence in our industry. We believe that commitment starts with a great work environment and benefits for our associates.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Ready to apply your talents to make a positive difference in the lives of patients across the country?
We are looking for a smart, motivated, mid-level to senior paralegal to provide support to our growing legal and compliance team. This position will be based in Toronto, Ontario and will report to Tilray’s legal team.
In this role, the paralegal will be responsible for digitally filing/storing and managing legal documents, assisting with document preparation, transaction execution and closings, docket management, managing insurance policies and claims, reviewing and tracking legal invoices and expenses, and assisting with other tasks and duties as assigned. The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, be team oriented, have great organization skills, and have the ability to easily switch gears and manage competing priorities. A high level of professionalism, integrity, and discretion in handling confidential information, as well as the ability to work well with people at all levels inside and outside the company, is essential.
Role and Responsibilities
- Coordinating agreement approvals and execution
- Preparing, filing, and tracking documents
- Participating in corporate transactions (i.e., mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, partnerships, etc.)
- Maintaining legal department intranet site
- Reviewing legal invoices and tracking expenses
- Managing Intellectual Property docket.
- Managing and maintaining insurance policies
- Instructing and working with local and foreign counsel
- Assisting with regulatory/legislative research and projects
- Assisting with completing forms and general filings
- Reviewing agreements and assisting with identification of legal risks and liabilities
- Other duties, responsibilities and projects as assigned
- Paralegal certificate/diploma, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in in-house legal department in a corporate environment is required.
- Technical training or extended education in law or claims administration experience may be an enhancement to experience.
- Knowledge of insurance policies, claims and risk management is desirable.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks, organize information and have excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Computer skills utilizing MS Office are required.
Similar searches: Paralegal