My Career. My Company. My Legacy.
At PCL, you are more than just an employee. You could be part of a team that works hard, plays hard, and makes a difference in your community. PCL offers competitive compensation packages, and a chance to be an owner in our 100-percent employee-owned company. We not only reward you financially, but give you challenging assignments and a supportive work environment which promotes personal and professional growth.
Whether you are looking for a corporate or construction career, exciting opportunities are waiting for you. Our people have helped us stand out as a leading general contracting organization, which is why we are always looking for new talent-individuals who can bring innovative solutions and thinking to every project.
We are seeking a Junior Corporate Risk Manager for our North American Headquartersdistrict office located in Edmonton, Alberta .
PCL’s Risk Management team provides and facilitates professional counsel to internal stakeholders on risk management and insurance matters, advocacy on risk and insurance issues and innovative, cost effective risk solutions in support of PCL’s strategic plan. The successful candidate will report directly to the Vice President of Risk Management and work closely with the Corporate Risk Manager and Risk Management Counsel for all department activities.
- Assist in the planning, design and implementation of the company wide Risk Management process.
- Aligning risk management processes with the company’s business objectives and risk appetite.
- Conducting risk identification through assessments including analyzing documents, statistics, reports and market trends.
- Evaluating and quantifying the risks flagged by the organization, determining costs, legal requirements, environmental factors and historical loss analysis.
- Assist in providing advice, counsel and direction on risk and insurance matters to a variety of internal stakeholders mainly Operations and Corporate Services.
- Assist in directing and managing outsourced service providers in the areas of insurance, finance and legal.
- Assist in developing innovative, creative and cost-effective techniques to manage, mitigate and finance the cost of risk.
- Assist in educating, training and building risk awareness to others within the organization.
- Working together with the Legal Group to monitor external legal counsel on insurance claims.
- Providing internal coverage opinion regarding all insurance policies applicable to PCL (including corporate master program policies, owner-controlled, and project specific policies) on all applicable losses.
- Ensuring consistent approach to PCL’s insurance claims handling throughout the company, in keeping with best practices and manages third party adjuster relationship and in particular the overall strategy of the “boots on the ground” for liability claims.
- Monitoring first party claims activity and, where applicable, elevating issues appropriately with the insurers.
- Attending claims review meetings with Risk Management Counsel and assist in providing direction for best practices.
- A post-secondary degree in Risk Management, Business, Engineering, Finance, Economics or Law.
- Leadership skills and results orientated.
- Excellent analytic, problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Ability to cope under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Self-directed, results-oriented, able to work under extremely tight deadlines.
- Ability to plan, organize and maintain attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with an emphasis on presentation, negotiation, and influencing others skills.
- Ability to understand broad and complex business issues.
- Dynamic, proactive and decisive personality who adapts well to and initiates change.
- Proven ability to work in a dynamic team environment.
- Familiarity working with and interpreting financial statements.
- Ability to network with internal and external alliances including underwriters, brokers, internal stakeholders, clients and lenders.
- Willingness to travel throughout Canada and the United States.
The PCL family of companies are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for, and we aspire to be the most respected builder, renowned for excellence, leadership, and unsurpassed value.
Let us help you build your Legacy today.