Associate Director, Legal Recoveries
- Canaccede Financial Group
- London, ON
- Lawyer - In House Counsel, Lawyer - Other
- Area of Practice
- Financial Services
- Job Type
- Full time
- Minimum Level of Education
- Professional degree - LL.B
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 1-3 years
Canaccede Financial Group Ltd. is a Canadian industry leader in specialized investment and financial services products. We have been working with lenders and financial institutions in the acquisition and services of performing, insolvent and distressed receivables since 2008, and we are one of the largest multi-asset acquirers in the Canadian market.
We operate with an analytically driven philosophy that is always responsive to our client’s individual needs and circumstances. Our business proposition is to maximize value from acquired receivables in a cost-effective manner.
The entire team at Canaccede is forward-looking and has an open and growth-oriented corporate culture for motivated employees to learn and grow with it. We have offices in Toronto and London, Ontario. This full time, permanent role can be based out of either Toronto or London.
The Associate Director, Legal Recoveries is a key member in Canaccede’s revenue generation for legal accounts. The Associate Director is responsible for managing and overseeing law firms and collection agencies across Canada regarding collection files outsourced for legal action. This includes reviewing established work processes, determining effectiveness and working with our partner organizations to maximize recoveries. The Associate Director will work closely with the Director, Legal Services and Enterprise Risk to provide analysis and actions for Canaccede’s legal accounts, including existing judgment accounts, new accounts recommended for legal action, and assessing our partner organizations and vendors.
What does a typical day look like?
- Establish rapport and maintain optimal working relationships with Canaccede’s legal network across Canada
- Review, manage, and oversee the legal process regarding external collection files
- Identify and continuously improve key performance metrics for legal workflows
- Establish, communicate and monitor workflows for different judgment accounts, and capability of law firms/agencies to ensure effective implementation of workflows
- Detailed review, analysis, and recommendations regarding information and documentation received from financial institutions, law firms, and collection agencies
- Communicate and co-ordinate with lawyers and paralegals across Canada to ensure Canaccede is effectively represented at all hearings and provide instructions for optimal strategic decisions
- Work with debtors or their representatives to complete settlement discussions, and/or respond to disputes, Defences, or Motions filed by debtors or their representatives
- Maintain legal reports for certain specific departments of Canaccede
- Support General Counsel and Director, Legal Services & Enterprise Risk for all legal matters (including compliance, regulatory and corporate matters)
- Be an active lead for the auditing of accounts and/or partner organizations
What qualifications are required for this position?
- LL.B or J.D from an accredited Canadian University
- Minimum of 3 years litigation experience, with a focus on distressed debt collections
- Familiarity with collection laws in all Canadian provinces
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with business partners
- Accuracy and attention to detail while working on competing priorities under tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
What type of scheduling does Canaccede Financial Group offer?
This is a permanent full-time role intended to be based in our London office.
We will also consider applicants who would prefer to work primarily in our Toronto office, but weekly travel to our London office would be necessary.
What’s great about working for Canaccede Financial Group?
Competitive total compensation structure, including: competitive base salary, semi-annual bonus program, 3 weeks’ paid vacation, paid sick days, company paid health, dental, vision, paramedical, life and travel insurance benefits, employee assistance program, and reimbursement of professional development fees and annual membership dues.
We care about giving back to the community. Each employee is provided with 1 paid day per year to volunteer at any registered charity of their choice. We also provide monthly donations to charities that are meaningful to our staff. So far, we have raised more than $15,000 for both local and national charities, all of which were selected by our employees.
Sound like a perfect fit for you? We think so too.
Canaccede Financial Group Ltd. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Requests for accommodation can be made via email to email@example.com. Additional accessibility information and contact information can be found on the company website at www.canaccede.com/accessible-customer-service.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter to our Human Resources team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, using the Apply button.
Thank you for considering a career with Canaccede Financial Group. We will contact those who have been selected for an interview