Immigration Services Coordinator (Team Lead)
- $2,500 a month
- Legal Assistant
- Area of Practice
- Immigration Law
- Job Type
- Full time
- Minimum Level of Education
- University degree
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 1-3 years
• Department**: Legal Department
• Division**: Immigration Services
• Location**: Toronto (Downtown)
• Working hours**: Monday • Friday | 9:00am • 6:00pm
• Salary**: CA $2,500.00 per month
Immigration Consultant Diploma & Minimum 1 Year Experience in Immigration
This position is for an on-campus coordinator to represent our company at a school downtown Toronto which we have an outsourcing contract with. The employee would be hired by our company and would be on our payroll. The employee would physically be stationed at the school campus to assist international students with visa and immigration inquiries. The employee would have access to our internal resources and would get senior support from our back-office team. We are seeking an experienced, reliable Immigration Services Coordinator to join our growing immigration team. In this position, you will be responsible for documenting and understanding immigration proceedings. You are expected to enhance the Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant’s effectiveness by developing case information, supporting documents, exhibits, and immigration options; as well as tracking cases and supporting RCIC’s case proceedings.
• Keeps cases organized by establishing and organizing files; monitoring calendars; meeting deadlines; documenting actions; inputting information into file database and case management software; confirming case status with RCIC. Helps develop cases by maintaining contact with people involved in the case; scheduling consultations; preparing and immigration applications; drafting Canada Citizenship & Immigration support letters; preparing and filing Immigration & Refugee Board requests; preparing responses to opposing counsel; generating status reports. Keeps clients informed by maintaining contact; communicating case progress. Maintains case costs by verifying outstanding balances with RCIC, clients, and providers. Supports case preparation by preparing case summaries and materials for consultation conferences; preparing IRB hearings; monitoring and obtaining CIC & IRB responses; organizing materials for team case review. Prepares and files Access to Information and Privacy (ATIP) requests on behalf of clients. Enhances IRB proceedings by organizing evidence; preparing exhibits; scheduling witnesses; ensuring that witnesses are ready when needed; taking courtroom notes. Researches new immigration and citizenship laws, regulations, and processing system changes. Prepares research reports, comparison charts, and instruction guides for internal use and external client presentations. Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications. Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Must have completed **Immigration Consultant Diploma**:
• Minimum one (1) year successful
**immigration services coordination** experience
• _Ability to read, write, and speak Spanish, Portuguese, Mandarin, and/or Korean is a plus_
• Passionate about the legal and immigration field.
Experienced in Canadian immigration laws & regulations.
Deeply understands client relationship building as a discipline. Knows how to deliver on promises.
Has in-depth knowledge of client challenges and how to solve them.
Organized with strong prioritization skills.
• Salary**: $2,500.00 /month
• Experience**: • immigration services coordination: 1 year (Required
• Education**: • Bachelor's Degree (Required)
• Location**: • Toronto (Required) Licence • Immigration Consultant (Required)