- Dream Unlimited Corp.
- Legal Assistant
- Area of Practice
- Corporate/Commercial Law, Real Estate Law, Securities Law
- Minimum Level of Education
- Certificate from community college
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 4-10 years
Dream is looking for a Legal Assistant
We are always looking for the best and brightest to join our thriving community. Dream is recruiting for a Legal Assistant to join our Legal department. In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for enhancing the efficiency of the Legal Department by providing a range of administrative assistance and support services to the legal team. The successful candidate will work independently and proactively, and exercise a significant degree of initiative to support ongoing administrative requirements.
What will you do?
Below are some of the primary responsibilities you will be taking on in this role:
Department Files Maintenance, Document Production and Task Management
- Preparation and management of confidential files for the Legal Department;
- Filing of commercial matters in binders and legal files, keeping system current;
- Help maintain legal reference library (leases/contracts/prospectuses, etc.), ensuring materials are well organized and up-to-date;
- Develop and maintain coordinated filing system for legal and investor relations groups;
- Maintain and organize task file system for the legal team, including task lists, and tickler system;
- Preparation of correspondence and typing of agreements, prospectuses, legal documents, etc.;
- Preparation of presentations;
- Diarize and bring forward outstanding matters;
- Conduct and follow-up deemed required on outstanding items.
- Provide support to resolve complex contract and transactional matters by organizing, reviewing and preparing documents and overflows and maintaining relevant files; and
- Manage tracking, monitoring and notifications for all current contracts.
- Administration of Legal Bills and Insurance;
- Monitor day-to-day operations of legal department while ensuring deadlines are met;
- Review incoming calls and correspondence, prioritize, and refer to the appropriate member of the Legal team;
- Book boardroom, make travel arrangements, co-ordinate conference calls, etc.;
- Preparation for vault/storage of legal files;
- Completion of expense reports, purchase orders, as well as stationery orders;
- Process payments for invoices, etc.;
- Liaise with department managers, outside legal counsel as required;
- Additional responsibilities may include supervising other administrative staff; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Board Secretarial and Securities Law Matters
- Provide administrative support during Quarterly Board of Directors and Committee Meetings, Annual General Meeting and Management Meetings;
- Assist in updating and distributing the Annual Information Form, Management Information Circular and other disclosure documents;
- Assist in maintaining minute books for public entities and subsidiaries; and Special Projects.
What type of experience and skills do you have?
These are only some of the things we’d like you to bring to the table:
- Strong organization and communication skills. You write clearly, you speak with kindness and respect, your team understand your expectations. You are able to effectively manage and organize large amounts of documents and multiple files.
- Strong people skills. You are a team player with an ability to build relationships at all levels of an organization.
- Responsiveness. You can anticipate needs, commit to respond as agreed, but really, you want to over-deliver!
- Innovator. You are respectful of current operating processes, but look to develop new ideas to bring better results
- Deliver on commitments. You set clear goals and objectives, and then your team delivers!
- 5+ years of experience as a legal assistant in either a law firm or an in-house corporate law department;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Software;
- Exposure to real estate, corporate and securities law would be an asset;
- Post-secondary education in legal administrative program;
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment;
- Detail oriented with strong multi-tasking abilities; and
- Ability to work extended hours when necessary.
Who are we?
Dream Unlimited Corp. is a leading Canadian real estate company with approximately $14 billion of assets under management in Canada and Europe. We develop, manage, and invest in master-planned communities, income properties, and urban intensification. We proudly build communities from the ground up: from land development to buildings homes and condominiums, and from providing retail centres and driving renewable energy projects to managing assets across the country.
Our attitude and approach sets us apart from our competitors. We are guided by our entrepreneurial spirit: we seize unconventional opportunities and try new things, approaching every project with passion and purpose.
We care about our employees. We want everyone to have a rewarding career and to work with people they like, so we provide exciting work opportunities, open work environments, and fun events. We hire constant learners, so we make sure to provide them with engaging work and to encourage them to share their ideas that will help us shape the company.
Once you join us, it won’t take long to figure out why your colleagues like it so much here.This is your invitation to make a difference. We’re looking forward to helping you grow.
Dream Unlimited is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process