To provide Litigation support to external clients.
Your duties will include:
- preparing services and prioritizing filings in accordance with client timelines and limitations;
- entering client information and instructions into internal database and creating detailed memos of instruction for court staff and process servers;
- effectively managing multiple files with competing priorities;
- status reporting to clients and colleagues, ensuring clients receive all relevant information and communication relating to the status of their file;
- developing an in-depth understanding of internal systems and processes as well as general civil procedure;
- handling client queries over the phone or via email, responding in a timely manner, answering all questions and aiding the client to resolve issues;
- accurately documenting and updating customer records;
- escalating customer complaints and/or calls to the department manager when necessary;
- communicating effectively with colleagues to deliver the best value to clients;
- performing in-office administrative tasks as required (i.e. scanning, printing, copying, etc.);
- drafting affidavits of service; and
- filing documents at Toronto Civil Court as required.
You will be a strong team player and will possess:
- a college diploma, graduate of the Law Clerk, Legal Assistant, or Paralegal program;
- litigation experience (Small Claims Court, Superior Court etc.);
- the ability to communicate proficiently both in writing and orally in English;
- the ability to work independently;
- strong problem-solving skills;
- exceptional customer services skills;
- organization and multitasking skills; and
- PC Skills – Microsoft Office Suite.
Thomson Reuters offers an environment that is both challenging and supportive, and we are proud to have been named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers from 2009 – 2019, a Best Workplace from 2006 – 2018, and a Great Place to Work for Women in 2015 and 2017. We consider work from home arrangements for people with a disability or specific accessibility needs. If requested, accommodation will be provided throughout the recruitment and assessment process.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.