Senior Corporate Law Clerk
- Arterrra Wines Canada
- Law Clerk, Paralegal
- Job Type
- Full time
- Minimum Level of Education
- University degree
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 4-10 years
Senior responsible for providing legal advice in all areas related to the operations and corporate side of the business including: (1) acting as the Assistant Secretary and performing all corporate secretarial duties related to Arterra, (2) responsible for managing all permits, licenses and filings required, (3) supporting the Sr. Director, Legal on contract negotiation, drafting and review, (4) responsibility for records management, retention and destruction policies for Arterra, (5) training and compliance with Company legal policies.
- Acts as the company Assistant Secretary, performing all corporate secretarial duties for the company and its subsidiaries.
- Responsible for all licensing, permitting and renewals – for all aspects of the business.
- Supports the Sr. Director, Legal on contract negotiation, drafting and review – in all areas of the business, including procurement, commercial agreements, leases, licenses, sales agency agreements
- Responsible for implementing and managing a records management policy and system for the Company with appropriate retention and destruction
- Provides advice and training on compliance in areas of the business related to operations and support functions, including on company policies, risk management, EH&S and crisis planning.
Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned or required
- Undergraduate Degree
- Paralegal Designation or Law Clerk Designation
6-10+ years experience at a top tier firm or in the legal department of a large company
Qualifications, Certifications or Designations
Paralegal Member in Good Standing of the Law Society of Upper Canada or Law Clerk Member of good standing in the Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario (or another provincial law society).