- Golder Associates
- Lawyer - In House Counsel
- Job Type
- Full time
- Minimum Level of Education
- Professional degree - LL.B
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 4-10 years
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder’s dynamic and multiple-award winning legal team is committed to providing world class legal services to our managers and consultants practicing in the field of engineering, environmental and construction services. Golder is currently looking for two Legal Counsels with relevant experience gained from a top law firm or in-house environment and a strong background in the engineering and construction industries.
Effective communication skills, self-motivation and the ability to work independently within an entrepreneurial team environment are essential attributes required for this role. As a key member of the legal team based in Mississauga, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton or Ottawa, you have 4 to 6 years of experience in providing a broad range of legal services to the engineering and construction industry.
An overview of your role will include:
- Drafting, reviewing, and the negotiation of engineering and construction contracts, procurement contracts, commercial agreements and associated documents, primarily in the fields of:
- Oil & gas
- Mining; and
- Geotechnical and Environmental services
- Providing legal support, as needed, in the following areas:
- Employment law
- Health & safety
- Corporate governance, acquisitions and tax
- Resolution of disputes and claims
- Working closely with all business units and providing a strategic blend of business and legal advice
You will have a background with:
- 4 to 6 years of related industry experience
- Law degree from a recognized institution and membership in good standing with a provincial bar
- In-house experience working with an international organization
- An enthusiastic team player who will work well with others in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to provide sound business and legal advice to all levels of the company
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Option to purchase shares in Golder
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder’s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.