- Lawyer - In House Counsel
- Area of Practice
- Intellectual Property Law, Labour & Employment Law, Privacy Law
- Job Type
- Full time
- Minimum Level of Education
- Professional degree - LL.B
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 4-10 years
AudienceView is an organization of people who are passionate about the business of Live Events. We create industry-leading software solutions that fuel attendee engagement, ticket sales and advertising solutions for sports, music and theatre in 15 countries around the world. AudienceView employees share a vision to help entertainment organizations deliver exceptional experiences for people who love live events. We achieve this through innovative technology, popular media brands, effective distribution strategies and a dedicated team of experts that help create customer success every single day.
We are looking for Corporate Counsel who can think strategically yet be able to support our day to day business activities. Your primary focus will be general commercial matters, new customer contracts and renewals, and ongoing corporate matters. You will thrive in a fast paced and always changing environment. You will lead Corporate Governance and Commercial matters, yet feel confident stepping into a generalist role and contribute in areas outside of your core expertise.
You will draw on knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures of law and knowledge of the SAAS industry and its environment to implement areas of improvement, to ensure consistency with market practice, to identify risk, to ensure compliance with internal policies & procedures and to communicate appropriately with stakeholders in various functions. The successful candidate will be expected to perform a wide variety of hands on legal work, including commercial, licensing, confidentiality, privacy and compliance matters.
- Draft, review, and negotiate commercial agreements, including SaaS contracts, partner agreements, nondisclosure agreements, confidentiality agreements, services agreements, and vendor agreements;
- Liaise with the Director, Revenue Operations to manage all new customer contracts, including initial draft proposals, defined vendor and customer obligations, and termination, representation, indemnification clauses. You will anticipate and advise on contracting terms and risks to the Company;
- Liase with the Director, Revenue Operations and Director, Customer Success to manage all expiring and renewing contracts. You will advise and draft revised terms, based on operational metrics and customer matters with a view to support our customer contracted relationships and revenue growth;
- Assist with the ongoing improvement of contract templates, standard forms, corporate policies, processes, and training programs;
- Update AudienceView’s terms of service, policies for compliance, privacy and data protection under GDPR;
- Maintain the Company’s suite of legal documents, both commercial and compliance, ensuring they reflect current best practice and appropriate legal requirements
- Develop appropriate approaches to dispute resolution and lawsuits;
- Advise on legal relationships with customers, including terms and conditions of sale, warranties, tender processes;
- Coordinate with legal colleagues and internal experts on intellectual property, labor and employment, corporate, and other legal matters as needed by the company; and
- Share general day-to-day legal advice.
- 5+ years of technology and commercial transactions experience, in particular negotiation of SaaS contracts (either in-house and/or at a law firm)
- Experience working at a multinational company
- Experience leading negotiations against sophisticated counter-parties, including large, multinational corporations
- Law degree and called to the Bar of a Canadian province/territory
- Knowledge of privacy, data security, labour and employment law, and intellectual property law.
- Clear communication skills, exceptional judgment, and a practical business friendly approach to practicing law