Articling Student - Legal Services
We are seeking a highly motivated, organized, detail oriented and a critical thinker with strong research and drafting skills. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, flexible, have strong interpersonal skills, and have an appetite to gain invaluable hands-on experience. You have a University Bachelor’s Degree and are a registered candidate in the Licensing process and have completed the Canadian JDLL.B
The Articling Student will be required to perform a variety of tasks in support of all departmental responsibilities while working alongside Legal Counsel.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
• Conduct legal research
• Provide legal advice in real time to the business in connection with its day to day operations. Assist the business directly and independently in matters of reasonable complexity.
• Prepare and/or draft a variety of legal documents, including contracts, memos, opinions, etc.
• Work closely with the business to ensure compliance with tobacco laws, local laws and company policies. Provide training on tobacco regulation and local laws to relevant audiences.
• Initiate and coordinate the development and administration of policies and procedures, including appropriate forms of documentation in order to ensure compliance with all applicable legal requirements.
THE SKILLS YOU BRING QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED
• Registered as a candidate for the Licensing Process under the Law Society of Ontario
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
• Able to work with set deadlines
• Strong legal research skills and computer literacy
• Strong academic credentials
• Superior analytical, writing, oral communication, research, investigatory, advocacy, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently and under pressure and handle multiple tasks
• Excellent time management skills with the ability to work under tight deadlines
WHAT WE OFFER
Our company is constantly transforming. Here you will never stop exploring and discovering. We take on-the-job learning to another level, giving you every opportunity to develop your career and reach your full potential. This position will advance your experience with innovative technologies, services, and processes. Backed by a competitive compensation package, you will work in a professional setting directly with the business and the law department locally and globally.
WHO WE ARE
We are Rothmans, Benson & Hedges Inc., an International Fortune 500 Company, Philip Morris International’s affiliate in Canada. Today, we are Canadas core values and we encourage all suitable applications to apply. We are committed to fair and accessible employment practices and will provide accommodation in all parts of the hiring process. If you require a disability-related accommodation at any time during the process, please inform RBH of your requirement.