- Cadillac Fairview
- Vancouver, BC or Calgary, AB
- Lawyer - In House Counsel
- Job Type
- Full time
- Minimum Level of Education
- Professional degree - LL.B
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 4-10 years
Build your future with Cadillac Fairview!
At Cadillac Fairview, we are so much more than our properties. We are building leaders at all levels. We offer the challenge of interesting work, a great organizational culture, the opportunity to collaborate with the best in the business, and support for your growth and development. We reward values-based behavior and superior results with a competitive rewards package that includes best-in-class benefits and pension. Cadillac Fairview is where you can make a difference, and where it all comes together.
Provide sophisticated legal advice and assistance to the portfolio relating to Cadillac Fairview's commercial leasing activities. Please note that this position could be located in either Calgary, AB or Vancouver, BC.
- Draft and negotiate retail and office leases, and lease amending agreements.
- Supervise legal staff in the preparation and negotiation of lease documentation.
- Review and assist Leasing Executives with drafting and negotiation of LOIs and Offers to Lease.
- Ensure database of precedent leases with major tenants is constantly updated to reflect the latest negotiation.
- Monitor and contribute to database of standard amendments for leases.
- Provide legal advice to Leasing Executives and Property Managers related to leases and general contract matters.
- Ensure that contracts by which Cadillac Fairview will be legally bound accurately express the company's objectives.
- Assist as required in due diligence reviews pertaining to mass transfers by tenants.
- Law degree and admission to the Bar for purposes of practice in British Columbia or Alberta.
- Three to seven years experience in a law firm, major developer or retailer negotiating and analyzing leases.
- Knowledge of legal requirements relating to retail and office leases and other contracts.
- Articulate and persuasive in oral communication; good writing style; strong analytical skills; sound judgment.
- Ability to organize time and resources to meet deadlines
- Strong customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Team player attitude
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated strengths in the following core leadership skills: Communication, Coaching & Feedback, Collaboration, Client Engagement
Are you up for the challenge? At CF, we believe our people are core to our success. Join our award-winning team, where your talent and commitment to excellence are welcomed, valued and respected!
Accommodation for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment, and/or selection process is available.
- Bachelor of Law, Bachelor of Law - General is required
- Achieves Results
- Ability to Multi-task
- Detail Oriented
- Time Management
- Business Knowledge and Improvement, Real Estate/Property Management
- Communicates Effectively, Clear and Concise (oral and written communication)