Partner Compliance Officer - (Four Positions Available)
- Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver, Montreal or Ottawa
- Lawyer - Other
- Area of Practice
- Compliance, Corporate Governance, Risk Management
- Job Type
- Full time
- Minimum Level of Education
- Professional degree - LL.B
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 4-10 years
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
LOCATION: Role can be based in Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver, Montreal or Ottawa
LCIO PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The Legal Compliance & Integrity Office (LCIO) is a part of the Global Finance & Administration Board area, and reports to both SAP SE’s Global CFO and the Audit Committee of the Supervisory Board. Our mission is to advance SAP’s business goals by promoting a culture of integrity, and by mitigating a defined set of legal risks. The LCIO is responsible for various SAP compliance initiatives, including oversight and support of the SAP Code of Business Conduct, employee compliance training and communications, and the global governance document framework. We also monitor and enforce compliance. Our focus includes compliance with the FCPA (Foreign Corrupt Practices Act), UK Bribery Act, and other global anti-corruption and bribery laws as well as anti-competition compliance (in tandem with field legal).
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
The successful candidate will be expected to take ownership in managing a dynamic landscape, with support and guidance from Global LCIO Leadership. The successful candidate’s key responsibilities will be:
- Directly support the anti-bribery and corruption law compliance aspects of managing third party relationships in SAP’s sales processes
- Provide advice on compliance matters related to SAP’s third-party sales’ enabling ecosystem, so that SAP acts in accordance with best-in-class compliance standards
- Review and provide compliance input on newly proposed organization structures, sales models and incentive programs as they relate to third-party partners of SAP
- Review and provide compliance input on existing and proposed processes tied to third-party partners of SAP
- Develop and administer policies and training on compliance topics including avoidance of bribery and corruption, competition law concerns, handling confidentiality and conflicts of interest, doing business with government customers, fraud in the contracting process, etc.
- Review and analyze Due Diligence processes for differing partner types, with the objective of increased effectiveness and efficiency
- Support Partner compliance training oversight
- Interact with employees, including senior leaders, to clarify questions regarding SAP policies related to Partner management
- Manage global projects for partner oversight
- Monitor changes to legal and regulatory climate/guidelines applicable to the company and proactively develop solutions
- Effectively channel inquiries and complaints related to SAP Partners; provide clarification & advice; assist in effective response mechanism.
- Expertise on complaint reporting mechanisms and how to handle them
- Monitor compliance trends globally, including compliance initiatives, industry compliance failures and other internal and external Compliance trends to provide insight for leadership knowledge forums, newsletters and employee groups
- Track and report compliance issues to LCIO management on a periodic basis
The position works on company policies and procedural change. It liaises with multiple areas to align compliance policies. The position enjoys excellent exposure within the business on a global level.
The positions report to the Head of LCIO Partner Organizations and Technology Solutions, and they enjoy excellent exposure within the business.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Full proficiency with English is required; candidates with secondary language skills are a nice-to-have
- Accredited compliance professional (such as a lawyer, professional accountant, risk manager or auditor) is required
- Minimum 6 years of work experience, especially experience in a legal, compliance, organizational governance, risk management and/or audit type role
- Work experience at SAP or in the IT industry is preferred
- Experience designing and maintaining compliance programs over third-parties is preferred
- Hands-on with extreme attention to detail and written documentation
- Ability to do in-depth research and to interpret written guidelines and documents
- Proactive, dynamic and result driven individual
- Strong grasp of code of conduct, business ethics policies and current compliance practices
- Demonstrated ability to navigate complex issues
- Demonstrated ability to manage senior leadership in dynamic environments
- Experience in the areas of detection and prevention of fraud or corruption preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work with international, virtual teams with sensitivity to cultural differences
- Project Management experience is required
- Very good communication and collaboration skills
- Comfortable in MS office tools and IT business environment
- Experience designing and/or documenting business processes and analyzing related gaps
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.