As a Tax Associate, you will be a part of our People Advisory Services (PAS) practice. You will help clients address compensation, benefit, pension and executive compensation issues. You will collaborate on challenging compensation consulting engagements for a diverse client base.
Your key responsibilities
As a Tax Associate, you will team with the existing Canadian compensation tax team, as well as with EY’s global network of tax professionals in developing tax compliant and efficient compensation plans.
Skills and attributes for success
- You will provide tax advice related to the review, design and implementation of executive compensation plans, incentive plans, and bonus plans and consult on employee mobility issues.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor's degree with a graduate degree and/or professional designation preferred (LL.B. or C.A.)
- 1-3 years of tax experience with some experience assessing the tax implications of compensation packages or other incentive programs
- US Tax experience would be an asset but not a requirement
- Strong tax research and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ideally, you’ll also have
- The ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic team-oriented environment
What we look for
We’re interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. We’re looking for people with a genuine passion for tax, and the future of tax, and are inspired to help the world’s leading multinational organizations meet complex tax obligations around the world. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.