- Calgary, AB
- Legal Assistant
- Area of Practice
- Job Type
- Permanent, Full time
- Minimum Level of Education
- Certificate from community college
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 1-3 years
We’re here to help people, businesses and society prosper in good times and be resilient in bad times. We’re focused on what matters to our customers. We listen and connect. We make their problems our problems. We strive to understand what they’re going through. We build products with them in mind and offer solutions that help. And we deliver on our promises. We believe that insurance is not about things, it’s about people.
A career in Insurance has never been this exciting.
Evolving consumer expectations and technology have helped to shape a new vision for our industry – and we are leading the way. Our Technology teams are reshaping the way we do business and setting new industry benchmarks. Our product teams are developing products that protect people and businesses so they can focus on what matters to them most.
Our success story is written by our passion for creating a better tomorrow. We’re re-writing the future of insurance - are you ready to be a part of the story?
This is your opportunity.
As a Legal Assistant, you will play an integral role in the Legal department working closely with the Litigation team to provide legal assistance on Property and Casualty litigation files. This exciting in-house role is based in our downtown Calgary office.
This role will give you the chance to:
- Provide clerical and administrative support such as scheduling meetings, photocopying, drafting correspondence, preparing pleadings, creating / updating trial binders, etc.
- Implement an effective diarisation system to help manage the lawyer’s practice
- Work with your assigned lawyers in managing workflow, monitoring calendars and meeting various deadlines
- Interact with clients to schedule appointments; exchange / obtain information; communicate case progress as required
- Word processing and general office duties
- Update knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
- Accomplish organizational goals by living Intact’s Success Factors
Note: We currently have 1 permanent and 1 12-month contract opportunity available.
- Legal Assistant Certificate from a recognized post-secondary institution
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the legal industry, with a solid background in litigation
- Strong document management skills with the ability to learn and utilize Intact’s various software programs
- Excellent attention to detail and sound proofreading skills
- Ability to prioritize and organize
- Excellent communication, listening, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently, exercise sound judgment and take initiative
- Demonstrate a disciplined approach to work
The fine print.
Prior to receiving a job offer, you may be asked to consent to background checks if it’s a requirement for the role. These checks could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver’s license record.
Eligibility to work in Canada
It’s important that you are eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. For permanent roles, proof of eligibility can be a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, permanent residence card or confirmation.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our values guide everything that we do. We celebrate our differences and appreciate our similarities. That’s why we are committed to building an inclusive and inspiring environment for all employees.
If you are in need of a specific accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be happy to provide.
This role is eligible for employee referral bonus for the permanent role only. #RightPeopleRightRole