Machine learning and other AI technologies are rapidly remaking the way enterprises manage their data. Kira Systems, one of the fastest growing AI software companies in Toronto, uses sophisticated machine learning to help automate the review and analysis of contracts and other business documents. We strive to design solutions that our customers and users didn’t even know were possible.
The Legal Knowledge Engineering team is responsible for understanding how lawyers and other professionals use our software and building out Kira’s machine learning capabilities accordingly. We are seeking a Legal Coordinator to support this team in a variety of ways including contract review and organization, editing and production of written materials and research.
- Locate and organize contracts, to be used by various internal teams.
- Conduct research projects on various topics, including changes in the law.
- Proofread, edit and contribute to the development of internal and client-facing documents and/or documentation.
- Communicate and coordinate with other internal teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University degree.
- Experience supporting a fast-paced, diverse and dispersed team.
- Highly responsible, self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision. Time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple priorities are essential.
- Experience with reviewing or organizing contracts an asset.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Meticulous but efficient in all communication. Ability to communicate with teams and team members across the organization.
- Thorough and careful research skills.
Why Join Kira Systems?
- Team. Our team is filled with smart, curious, independent, self-motivated, and nice people. Together, we have a happy and fun team culture
- It’s early stage. So there are lots to still discover and develop - which makes for a great learning environment where you can build experiences and lots of opportunities for you to dig in.
- Personal Development. We work on challenging problems. It’s hard, in a good way.
- Technology and Design. Machine learning is driving a new industrial revolution, and it’s terrific to work closely with this impactful technology. Moreover, we care about great design and a great customer experience.
- Lots of benefits and perks - you can read about them here: www.kirasystems.com/careers
While experience and skills are valuable - growth potential, values and attitudes are equally important to be a successful Kiran. If you're prepared to grow and aren’t above doing anything (we’re pretty low ego over here - we just do what needs to get done!), consider applying. We understand that the most creative solutions require diversity in thought and life experiences.
Kira Systems believes that at the foundation of our success are the people who work here. We are an equal opportunity employer and believe our diversity is a driver of success at our company. Any race, religion, coloor, national origin, gender, sexual orientation or identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status are welcome here. Accommodations are available on request for all aspects of the selection process.
Please be aware that due to the nature of our business all successful candidates must clear a background check before beginning employment.