LEGAL ADMIN ASST I
Tell us your story. Don’t go unnoticed. Explain why you’re a winning candidate. Think “TD” if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here’s our story: jobs.td.com
• Understanding our clients’ business, legal, and regulatory requirements
• Anticipating emerging issues and providing flexible responses based on experience
• Providing advice that protects the Bank’s reputation and mitigates legal risk
We are a trusted North American leader in the financial sector that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
• Provide accurate, organized, efficient and effective administrative support (e.g., word processing, prepare various spreadsheets and power point presentations, collect and track data, research information, schedule/organize meetings, manage calendars, answer phones, create and maintain electronic and paper legal files, managing matters including billings and travel, etc.).
• Apply broad general or specialized legal knowledge in the compilation and/or preparation of correspondence and legal documents.
• Use discretion in managing matters, escalating issues to Legal Counsel as appropriate.
• Prioritize and manage own workflow to ensure quality and efficiency; meet deadlines; be flexible in adjusting to changing work priorities.
• Collaborate with other legal assistants and assistants on the team and across the North American department on a variety of tasks supporting different lawyers depending on the needs of the department.
• Take initiative to identify and recommend improvements in own job functions.
• Use software programs and other departmental tools or equipment at the level required to efficiently and effectively provide appropriate documents/information required by Legal Counsel.
• Respond promptly and thoroughly to requests for information.
• Communicate effectively and confidently at senior levels on a regular basis.
• Apply sound knowledge of legal concepts, principles, terminology and procedures.
The role reports to Senior Counsel, Legal.
• Professionalism and positive attitude in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
• Accuracy and strong attention to detail, including word processing for an executive audience.
• Strong ability to prioritize and manage own workflow with good judgment to ensure quality and efficiency; be flexible in adjusting to changing work priorities.
• An organized, self-motivated, enthusiastic team player who demonstrates initiative to identify and recommend improvements in own job function.
• Proactive and collaborative; ability to work independently to complete individual work assignments and as part of a team to ensure that needs of the legal team he/she supports as a whole are met.
• Proficient with MS Excel, MS Word, and Workshare
• Comfortable with change; able to adapt to changing work outputs driven by factors such as tight timelines, internal policies, and regulatory requirements.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Similar searches: Legal Assistant