Law Clerk, Commercial Real Estate
- Skyline Group of Companies
- Guelph, ON
- Law Clerk
- Area of Practice
- Commercial Real Estate Law
- Job Type
- Full time
- Minimum Level of Education
- Certificate from community college
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 4-10 years
We’re growing!! And looking for a passionate, driven and energetic candidate with experience in all aspects of commercial real estate to work to join our team for the position of Law Clerk, Commercial Real Estate located in our Head Office in Guelph, Ontario.
Looking for a chance to make your mark in a fast-paced, professional and fun environment? As a Law Clerk you will work as an integral part of the legal team engaging in all aspects of real estate practice, including conducting or assisting with all necessary due diligence searches, performing or assisting with title searches and preparation of title summaries, drafting closing documents, closing transactions and post-closing follow up while supporting our shared goal of creating meaningful value and an exceptional experience for our customers, our people and our communities.
What we look for:
- A broad foundation of legal concepts, experience and applications relevant to the practice of commercial real estate law and a sense of humour.
- Passion for and knowledge of all aspects of real estate transactions including land division in Ontario, land registration systems, surveys, title insurance, ownership, agreements of purchase and sale, financing and related documents, leasing, applicable statutes, purchasing, selling, closing the transaction, etc.
- Strong ability to research, understand and accurately interpret legal documents as well as the ability to write awesome routine reports/correspondence (some find it boring, but you find it exciting!).
- Knowledge of Teraview required and Conveyancer and FastCompany an asset.
- A file management wizard who has a pretty good grasp of paperless systems.
- Minimum five years of demonstrated commercial real estate law experience.
- Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario certification recommended.
Why you want to work here:
- Staying organized is a skill you have always been proud of and like to be recognized for.
- You want to be a part of a great team that celebrates individuality, supports and builds people up.
- Being that person who can see the problems before they happen (think the matrix) and uses good judgment and innovation to solve it is your specialty.
- Working for a growing company that supports environmental stewardship and social responsibilities gives you the warm-fuzzies.
- You’re somewhat of a ninja when it comes to time management, handling multiple requests, competing priorities and constant change.
- Confidentiality is something you incorporate into all aspects of your work.
- You want to work for a company that supports work-life balance and truly cares that you are fulfilled in your life.
The Skyline Group of Companies is a fully integrated investment management organization: grounded in real estate, powered by people, and growing for the future. Every aspect of Skyline is managed with the utmost care and attention to detail, from consulting with investors to fostering a sense of community at each and every one of its properties.
We offer our employees competitive pay, benefits, RSP matching program, paid volunteer day, on-going training, growth potential and so much more. Our workplace culture empowers staff at all levels to become involved in supporting and building vibrant communities.
Come be a part of Skyline – Building Careers and Communities!