- Edmonton, AB
- Area of Practice
- Job Type
- Permanent, Full time
- Minimum Level of Education
- College diploma
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 4-10 years
We’re here to help people, businesses and society proper in good times and be resilient in bad times. We’re focused on what matters to our customers. We listen and connect. We make their problems our problems. We strive to understand what they’re going through. We build products with them in mind and offer solutions that help. And we deliver on our promises. We believe that insurance is not about things, it’s about people.
A career in Insurance has never been this exciting.
Evolving consumer expectations and technology have helped to shape a new vision for our industry – and we are leading the way. Our Technology teams are reshaping the way we do business and setting new industry benchmarks. Our product teams are developing products that protect people and businesses so they can focus on what matters to them most.
Our success story is written by our passion for creating a better tomorrow. We’re re-writing the future of insurance - are you ready to be a part of the story?
This is your opportunity.
As a Paralegal, you will play an integral role in the Legal department working closely with the Litigation team to provide legal assistance on Property and Casualty (bodily injury) litigation files. This exciting in-house permanent role is based in our downtown office.
This role will give you the chance to:
- Draft application materials and pleadings
- Manage discovery requests, documents and List of Documents
- Summarize discovery requests and other documents, including medical records/transcripts
- Provide litigation support to counsel during trials
- Ability to review documents, draft and respond to requests, and update counsel as required
- Experience reviewing documents for privilege and drafting List of Documents
- Drafting expert retainer materials
- A paralegal diploma from a recognized educational institution, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 4 years’ experience as a litigation specific paralegal, insurance defense experience would be an asset
- Excellent working knowledge of the Supreme Court of Alberta procedures and forms
- Superior organizational skills, including the ability to handle multiple case files simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective relationships with clients, counsel and court officials
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, combined with research and analytical skills
The fine print.
Prior to receiving a job offer, you may be asked to consent to background checks if it’s a requirement for the role. These checks could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver’s license record.
Eligibility to work in Canada
It’s important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our values guide everything that we do. We celebrate our differences and appreciate our similarities. That’s why we are committed to building an inclusive and inspiring environment for all employees.
If you are in need of a specific accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be happy to provide.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.