- Ellis Don
- Mississauga, ON
- Lawyer - In House Counsel
- Area of Practice
- Construction Law
- Job Type
- Full time
- Minimum Level of Education
- Professional degree - LL.B
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 1-3 years
Thinking about a change?
EllisDon is a global construction services company that cares about three things: maximizing the success of our clients, creating terrific opportunities for our employees, and demonstrating innovative leadership within our company.
We are currently seeking a talented, energetic lawyer to join our growing business and provide support to our various business units, including facilities services business(es).
As Legal Counsel you will:
- Analyze disputes and claims to assess entitlement
- Assist in the preparation of documents, correspondence and submissions to support or defend claims (mediation, adjudication, arbitration or litigation)
- Facilitate negotiations directly with other parties in disputes
- Manage and direct external counsel and consultants
- Assist in the day-to-day activities of an active in-house legal department, including matters unrelated to claims or disputes and including our growing facilities services business.
Is this the right role for you?
- 2 to 5 years of legal experience, including a minimum of 2 years’ experience with claims handling and dispute resolution
- Strong document and file management organizational skills and experience
- A minimum of 2 years’ construction-related experience
- Familiarity with construction liens preferred
- Ability to develop creative solutions to new problems and thrive in a collaborative team environment
EllisDon is proud to provide this unique career opportunity within a progressive environment with continuous learning and opportunity for growth, as well as a competitive compensation package.
We are an equal opportunity employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.
Accommodation for Applicants will be made during the recruitment process when requested.