Legal Counsel Bilingual
- Montreal, QC
- Lawyer - In House Counsel
- Job Type
- Full time
- Minimum Level of Education
- Professional degree - LL.B
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 1-3 years
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
The Rogers Legal Department is currently looking to fill a full-time position of Legal Counsel in Montréal. Working in a fast-paced, collegial atmosphere, the Legal Counsel will be an integral part of the Enterprise Legal team while being a key player of the Rogers Enterprise business unit.
Reporting to the Managing Counsel, Enterprise, the successful candidate will work closely with members of the Sales and Product Management teams, both at the working and executive levels, and collaboratively with other members of the Enterprise Legal team.
The Legal Counsel’s primary responsibilities will include:
- supporting the Sales team with contract-related matters, specifically by drafting and negotiating customer contracts and supplier contracts, including the handling of complex files;
- reviewing requests for proposals and similar requests and providing recommendations to the Sales and National Proposal Centre teams, including risk assessments;
- providing legal advice and guidance to internal clients, including members of the executive team, proactively or reactively;
- developing and drafting standard forms;
- providing training to the Sales and Product Management teams on relevant topics;
- assisting the Managing Counsel with the supervision of paralegals.
The successful candidate must be a member of the Barreau du Québec or the Law Society of Ontario and have:
- a minimum of 3 years’ work experience, as in-house counsel or at a law firm, in contract drafting and negotiation;
- strong written and oral communication skills in both in English and French;
- strong work ethic with the ability to multitask and prioritize requests in a fast-paced environment;
- strong ability to explain legal issues in simple terms;
- business acumen;
- strong team player attitude with interpersonal skills;
- strong customer/client focused profile;
- strong sense of organization with a keen attention to detail and accuracy;
- strong knowledge of PC tools, including the MS Office Package (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Experience acquired in the telecommunications industry is an asset
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.