A little bit about us
Intact is the largest provider of property and casualty insurance in Canada and is a leading provider of specialty insurance in North America. Intact also has the largest in-house legal group of any property and casualty insurer in Canada. From coast to coast, one in five Canadians count on us to protect what matters – their homes, cars and businesses. We believe that insurance is not about things, it’s about people.
This is your opportunity
As the Director, Legal Claims, you will be responsible for leading our Legal Claims department located in Toronto. This group consists of over 125 team members and reports to the Vice President, Legal Claims. You will also exchange and work with Directors of other regions in Canada.
We’re proud to have
- Been recognized in Canada as a best employer and a great place to work (Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Aon Platinum Best Employers, Glassdoor Top CEO 2018, Indeed Top-Rated Workplaces 2018)
- A comprehensive financial rewards program that recognizes the success of our people
- An extensive benefits package including an industry-leading share purchase plan
- An inspiring culture built on our values that encourages inclusivity and celebrates diversity
As the Director, Legal Claims, you will be responsible for:
1. Talent Management
- Building a high performing team through the establishment of goals, coaching and feedback
- Ensuring a high level of employee engagement by continually monitoring overall engagement and creating and executing engagement action plans
2. Management of Operations
- Providing a vision, strategy and direction to the Legal Claims department to ensure the development of a highly effective team that is aligned to the business priorities of Intact
- Participating in the preparation and management of the legal department budget
3. Management of Key Initiatives
- Indemnity control: Developing and leading action plans to monitor and control indemnity and expense payments on defense files
- Trends in the Legal Environment: Developing, implementing and revising processes to identify trends in the legal environment
4. Fosters and Maintains Positive Relationships
- Identifying opportunities to increase the quality of service to the Client
- Developing, implementing and revising programs and procedures so we may provide cost-effective and quality legal services
- LL. B or J.D. degree
- Member in good standing of the Law Society of Upper Canada
- Minimum 8 years of insurance litigation experience preferred or equivalent relevant experience
- Minimum 2 years of legal management experience preferred or equivalent relevant experience
As part of Intact’s selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer. These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver’s license record.
Intact Financial Corporation welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
This posting closes on February 12th, 2019 at 11:59pm