At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
Reporting to the General Counsel and Secretary of Rogers Bank, this role will support the development and maintenance of effective Regulatory and Corporate Governance practices at Rogers Bank. The primary focus is on the preparation of Board and Board Committee meeting agendas, minutes and other key regulatory filings and output reports. This position will also work closely with the Bank’s senior management team to promote efficient and effective governance practices.
- Manage the coordination of all meetings of the Rogers Bank Board of Directors and its Committees.
- Coordinate Board / Board Committee meeting schedule with outside and internal directors.
- Develop Board / Board Committee meeting agendas and identify matters for discussion, consent and approval.
- Draft Notices of Board / Board Committee meetings and coordinate logistics on meeting day(s).
- Coordinate the timely preparation of all Board / Board Committee materials to ensure a consistent format and style.
- Attend all Board and Board Committee meetings to draft accurate and comprehensive minutes.
- Track completion of action items arising from Board / Board Committee meetings.
- Maintain the Bank’s:
- Corporate Minute Book and corporate records
- Inventory of Contracts
- Inventory of Cardholder Documents
- Support senior management in maintaining accurate Board approved mandates and policies
- Coordinate updates to Board approved mandates and policies.
- Support senior management in ensuring consistency in format and structure of Board approved mandates and policies.
- Manage the central repository of Board approved mandates and policies.
- Support the General Counsel and Secretary in maintaining a strong rapport with regulatory bodies (e.g. OSFI and FCAC)
- Coordinate, develop agendas and manage quarterly OSFI and FCAC meetings.
- Coordinate and assist with preparation of responses to OSFI and FCAC ad-hoc requests.
- Support the General Counsel and Secretary with respect to her/his responsibilities under:
- Bank policies
- the Bank’s Regulatory Compliance Management program
- Post-secondary education
- 5 to 10 years of progressive experience in financial or legal services
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Sound judgment
- Ability to work effectively under tight timelines and pressure with little supervision
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to hold information in the strictest confidence
- Strong attention to detail
- Eagerness to learn and take on more responsibility
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.