• Ensures continuous support to company employees and provides practical legal advise, as applied to actual operations, to assist in decision-making permitting achievement of the company’s objectives.
• Ensures that their activities comply with legislative and regulatory requirements.
• Reviews, writes and negotiates contracts, agreements, letters and other documents with possible legal implications.
• Drafts legal opinions pertaining to the company’s activities, particuarly with respect to business development, sales/acquisitions and corporate transactions.
• Identifies potential areas of risk associated with corporate activities and issues recommendations aimed at minimizing and protecting the company’s commercial interests.
• Supervises and monitors litigation sent to outside firms to ensure the best possible representation for the company.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Law.
• Additional training in Common Law in an asset.
• Member of the Barreau du Québec.
• Fluently bilingual (spoken and written).
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Excellent ability to analyze and synthesize information.
• Capable of handling large numbers of cases.
• Meticulous and disciplined preparation and drafting of documents.
• Results oriented.
About Valero Energy Inc.
Valero Energy Inc., with its head office in Montreal, is a subsidiary of Valero Energy Corporation. It is the leading distributor of petroleum products in Quebec and the Atlantic provinces, with a significant presence in Ontario. The company has a large wholesale network and is the second largest refiner in Eastern Canada with its Jean Gaulin Refinery in Levis. It also has other major logistics infrastructures, including the Montreal East terminal.
At Valero Energy Inc., operational excellence, safety and environmental responsibility are the keys to our accomplishments. We owe our success to the skills of our human resources. If you are looking for an exciting challenge, combine your energy with ours!
Valero Energy Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Similar searches: Lawyer - In House Counsel