Executive Assistant and Law Clerk
This position enhances the productivity of the legal team by providing administrative support to the General Counsel and legal staff, assisting in maintaining all legal and corporate records and systems, and providing corporate secretarial, commercial law and marketing and advertising law support to the business, all under the supervision of in-house counsel. This position also provides support and substantive assistance with commercial projects and is a key contributor to the overall strategy and success of the Legal Affairs Department.
Functional – this position will be accountable for performing the following duties, under the supervision of the in-house lawyers:
• Drafting, reviewing and archiving commercial agreements through software systems.
• Reviewing and providing advice on print and digital marketing and advertising programs including contests, promotions, events and advertisements.
• Supporting in-house lawyers by providing advice to the business regarding corporate secretarial and general commercial matters, as required.
• Staying current in functional legal expertise.
• Providing administrative support for the in-house lawyers, including calendar and file and data management, meeting minutes and document preparation.
• Providing project management oversight for various projects for the department.
• Organizing departmental events and presentations.
• Supporting other projects, systems and matters, as required.
• Maintaining a high degree of discretion and confidentiality.
• Demonstrate a high degree of organizational EQ. Knows when and how to involve others to achieve organizational objectives.
• Work in a collaborative and constructive manner with team and cross functional partners.
• Develop positive and productive peer relationships.
• Show initiative and drive to succeed.
• Exercises impeccable judgment and discretion.
• Take a solutions-oriented approach in dealing with challenges; resolves issues in a calm and pleasant manner.
• Work to build positive relationships across the company and affiliates.
• 3 to 5 years of experience as a high level Legal Executive Assistant, Paralegal or Law Clerk.
• Law Clerk designation
• College/University education
• Excellent business communications skills, both written and verbal.
• Detail-oriented, flexible, process-oriented.
• Advanced computer skills; strong working knowledge of MS PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
• Outstanding organizational skills, time management and an ability to prioritize tasks and work independently on confidential matters.
• Ability to work well under pressure, to balance competing priorities and meet strict deadlines.
• Team player with excellent interpersonal skills and a high degree of self-motivation.
• Sense of urgency, diplomacy, confidentiality and discretion.
Harlequin is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Harlequin is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.