The Corporate Paralegal will be responsible for gathering, preparing and summarizing relevant materials for use by management and outside legal counsel. The Corporate Paralegal will lead strategic and tactical corporate legal initiatives maintain case files of new and existing complaints; performs legal research; indexes and tracks documents being sent to possible complainants. In addition, the Corporate Paralegal, will be responsible for reviewing and drafting agreements, facilitate business transactions, and assist with managing and ensuring compliance of the Company in general and other duties as assigned.
- Prepare and review confidentiality agreements with guidance from management
- Assist outside counsel in preparation for hearings and trials
- Complete investigations and fact-finding for cases
- Identify relevant legal articles, laws and judicial decisions for cases
- Assists in preparing legal documents such as legal arguments, motions, contracts and agreements
- Review and maintain all agreements entered by the company
- Assist and maintain all insurance policies of the company
- Assist and maintain all corporate records
- Provide administrative support for management and outside counsel
- Participate in the definition and development of corporate policies, procedures and programs
- Assist outside attorney(s) and management with transaction closings and maintenance of corporate records
- Conduct legal research and drafting as requested
- Successfully complete special projects and other assignments as requested
SKILLS OR EXPERIENCE
- Ability to interact with people at all levels of the corporate structure, prioritize and handle numerous competing demands in a high-volume, fast-paced working environment
- Proven ability to work effectively in independent settings
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of contacts including outside attorneys, senior management, and business associates
- Excellent at Multi-tasking
- Available to work overtime and be on call as required
- Anticipate support needs of attorneys across a variety of corporate legal matters
- Manage various legal department projects and initiatives
- Ability to work independently
- Identify and resolve or escalate issues in a timely manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Degree in paralegal studies or equivalent experience necessary.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS
Please note that if we decide to extend an offer to you, we conduct a thorough background check.
INKAS® is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at INKAS® are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. INKAS® will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.