Senior Regulatory Legal Counsel - Government & Regulatory Affairs
- Telus Communications
- Lawyer - In House Counsel
- Area of Practice
- Job Type
- Temporary, Full time
- Minimum Level of Education
- Professional degree - LL.B
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 4-10 years
Are you ready to create better business outcomes with your analytical acumen and creativity?
The Government & Regulatory Affairs team provides world-class, innovative solutions to the TELUS group of companies. We partner with teams across the organization to advance our corporate priorities and ultimately deliver better outcomes and experiences for TELUS’ customers.
Our service delivery model is built by the best legal talent who are confident experts that have the ability to connect the details into the big picture. Our team is ready for complex challenges because each of us are intrinsically passionate about our calling as strategic business partners who advance TELUS’ strategic imperatives and corporate priorities including our ‘Customers First’ strategy.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
Reporting to the Director of Regulatory Services, you will work with team members across Canada, providing practical regulatory and legal advice on significant projects and corporate-wide initiatives. You will be engaged in a variety of matters including drafting regulatory legal memoranda and advising on a variety of regulatory topics, performing contract review and analysis, and overseeing corporate compliance programs for the Canadian Radio-television & Telecommunications Commission (CRTCs) Unsolicited Telecommunications Rules and Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation. You understand the business needs and you are eager to put your top tier legal skills to use, in support of the Procurement and Consumer teams of a Canadian and global telecommunications leader.
- Known for strengthening relationships with key stakeholders and sophisticated clients by cultivating a deep understanding of their business and providing proactive, solution-oriented advice
- Recognized for striving continuously to advance legal and business practices by driving new approaches and process improvements
- Respected for mentoring and coaching other Legal team members to develop the next generation of legal talent
- Noted for your ability to effectively communicate legal advice, including written, to diverse range of stakeholders
- Respected for your legal skills, business acumen, initiative, creativity, learning-oriented mindset, and collaborative style
- Regarded for your ability to balance business requirements against regulatory risks and formulate solutions to advance business needs
- Confident at engaging and interacting with sophisticated stakeholders, externally and internally
- Recognized for your record of successfully managing multiple, concurrent files and priorities, and delivering on commitments
- Called 5-10 years ago to the Bar
- Member in good standing with a Canadian provincial and/or territorial Law Society
- Bilingualism in English & French, both written and oral