- Montreal, QC
- Lawyer - In House Counsel
- Area of Practice
- Entertainment & Sports Law, Intellectual Property Law, Contract Law
- Job Type
- Full time
- Minimum Level of Education
- Professional Degree - LL.B or B.C.L
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 4-10 years
As the NCSA esport legal consultant, based in Montréal and reporting to the Senior Contract Manager, you will have the chance to develop within a fast-growing company. You will handle all questions related to esport for the NCSA region, in collaboration with the esport legal team of the EMEA region.
Driven by a passion for innovative problem solving in a field that is in full development, you will intervene on day to day questions related to the company and the broadcasting of gaming competitions, in collaboration with professional esport teams, as well as with community management for competitive players.
You will collaborate with our multicultural teams from around the world to help distinguish Ubisoft as one of the top players in the esport field. You will also network with key players in the industry to promote Ubisoft’s expertise.
Working closely with Ubisoft’s production and commercial teams, you will provide them with innovative and creative strategies and solutions for any emerging challenges. You possess an avid curiosity and enthusiasm, while respecting the rules, regulations, and realities of the field, playing a risk management role for Ubisoft.
The principals and practices of this role are as follows:
· Draft, review, and negotiate all agreements for the gaming competition environment. Coordinate the means and contractual requirements for the development, production, and marketing of services and products within this environment, as proposed by Ubisoft;
· Serve in the role of legal counsel for Ubisoft’s esport teams by answering all esport related questions and providing counsel and tips to help the teams succeed;
· Develop an expert knowledge of Ubisoft’s esport scene, including knowledge of all products and derived products, whether already in-market or in medium to long-term development stages;
· Maintain Ubisoft’s esport database;
· Manage and work in close collaboration with external specialists in all pre-litigation scenarios;
· Perform other duties as required.
· You live, eat and breath esport. You are very familiar with the gaming industry and you have a degree in Sports Law, Intellectual Property Rights and/or Contract Law.
· Minimum 4 years of experience in Corporate Law in the area of sports (traditional or esport);
· Relevant experience in managing sporting leagues, sports events, and/or in the gaming industry, an asset;
· Experience multi-tasking on projects in a multi-lingual environment.
· Solid negotiation, communication, and project management skills;
· Highly motivated with excellent interpersonal skills;
· Excellent legal assessment skills, business-friendly, and experience in forging consensus among all stakeholders – a good listener;
· Team player, while able to work independently.