Paralegal, Real Estate
HBC is a diversified global retailer, focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings.
Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. Our portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world.
Our leading banners across North America and Europe include Hudson’s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks OFF 5TH, Galeria Kaufhof, the largest department store group in Germany, and Belgium’s only department store group Galeria INNO.
We have significant investments in real estate joint ventures. HBC has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBC Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, HBC has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment
What This Position Is All About:
The Paralegal, Real Estate will work closely with attorneys on a variety of matters including lease agreements, notices, and commercial contracts. License agreements and Real Estate research and analysis. This position provides an opportunity to works closely with the Real Estate and Real estate Legal teams and provide support to all areas of the company. The Paralegal, Real Estate will report to the SVP, Senior Real Estate Counsel.
Who You Are:
- A team player and relationship builder.
- You have a systematic and analytical thought process.
- You are a real self-starter, clearly self-motivated and can independently maintain your own
work-flow to meet all deadlines.
- Someone with a natural sense of urgency, you prioritize well and meet your deadlines
You Also Have:
- 3-7 years of relevant real estate experience in house or law firms.
- Previous experience to high leasing in high end malls and outlets
- Experience using electronic legal research software tools
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Paralegal certificate preferred from a generally recognized paralegal program
- High proficiency level in office software products including MS Word and Excel
- Authorized notary preferred
As The Paralegal, Real Estate, You Will:
- Review and manage NDA’s, lease agreements, license agreements and other legal documents with the assistance of attorneys as needed
- Organize and track contracts, leases and corporate government documents using the AMT database
- Track and complete license, permit, lease and insurance renewals
- Conduct research on a variety of lease issues
- Provide administrative support to the Real Estate Legal Department
- Draft letter agreements
- Organize legal analysis in a variety of forms
How Often You May Travel:
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used