Together, we help empower you to achieve what’s important in your life.
What’s the job?
Tired of working long hours in a real estate law firm? Are you a paralegal that does not want to be on call to lawyers 24/7? Do you like wearing jeans? Perhaps this is the role for you………
This position is focused on ensuring our processes and methodologies are consistent and our loan documents and security registrations are completed accurately and comply with policies. Keys will be to prepare and manage the legal documentation for all Commercial real estate and business loans. This is an excellent opportunity for a paralegal that is looking for more work life balance than a law firm will give.
What you’ll get to do:
- Interpret and apply the commercial credit policies and assess risk with respect to the loan file assets
- Use your keen mind to keep up to date on changes and their potential impacts
- Wow your co-workers with your vast knowledge of legal research techniques and legal terminology
- Assist with non-complex legal advice and apply your independent judgment in interpreting information, reconciling exceptions and resolving problems
- Prepare legal documents, including creating new or amending existing Facility Letters and Security agreements for commercial business lines and pre-funding checklists
- Rub shoulders with your peers in Group Risk Management, Commercial Operations, law firms and Commercial Credit Administration to provide oversight and control regarding the legal documentation and risk assessment
Who are we looking for?
We don’t need mathematical geniuses, although the ability to add and subtract would be useful. Mostly we just need someone who can effectively advise, coordinate and communicate with business partners and external service providers while providing amazing customer service.
- You are proud of your 7- 9 years of experience within commercial real estate and/or business lending, particularly in documentation preparation and pre-funding validation is required.
- You've completed a recognized Paralegal Diploma program.
- And you love learning so much that you have completed some post secondary education in Business, Finance or Business Law. (is an asset).
- You are a whiz with Word and Adobe products
- Through your experience, you have an advanced knowledge of the technical application of Quarterly Lending Guidelines, how to effectively use BC Online, other related research sites and applicable Regulatory Acts
- You possess a basic understanding and ability to read and interpret financial statements & calculate figures such as discounts, interest, commission, proportions and percentages.
Why join Coast Capital Savings?
We don’t mean to toot our own horn, but…
- We improve Canadians’ financial well-being through providing simple financial help.
- Employees do what’s best for our members. Every day.
- We believe in being a great corporate citizen so we invest in our local communities by donating our time, money and expertise.
- Our employees take advantage of the many opportunities to grow their careers.
- Employees love having a cool place to work, which includes wearing their jeans on Fridays & Saturdays and being recognized with a virtual (and, at times, an actual) high-five.
- Our inspiring leaders help our employees develop their talents and encourage them to be their fabulous selves.
- We have a unique culture where we take our business seriously, but ourselves, not so much.
- In 2017, we earned double kudos by being named one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies – two of the nation’s most coveted business ads, may we add.
Does this position inspire you? If so, apply today at Coast Capital Savings.