David Aplin Group, one of Canada's Best Managed Companies, has partnered with our client to recruit for a Legal Assistant / Floater.
We are looking for an experience Legal Assistant to assist this talented team of legal professionals and diverse client base. The successful candidate will have intermediate to senior level Legal Assistant experience and will be an integral part of the team and therefore must be adaptable, take initiative and is customer-service oriented.
- Conduct court searches
- Draft correspondence, court, and financing legal documents
- Prepare a variety of legal documents including briefs and factums
- Schedule various applications and questionings
- Manage incoming workflow from a team of lawyers/paralegal
- Calendar management including coordinating and scheduling meetings
- Preparation of accounts and time entry
- Generate reporting as required for clients
- General administrative tasks including office and file management
The Ideal Candidate:
- Previous experience with Wills & Estates is an asset
- Several years of previous law firm experience in a Legal Assistant role
- Diploma or certificate in accredited post-secondary legal assistant program
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Adaptable to changing priorities and effectively works in a changing and high-volume work environment
- Understanding of basic accounting principles
- Excellent analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to organize, prioritize work and meet deadlines with a high degree of personal initiative
- Ability to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently
- Strong customer service and relationship building skills
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please click the Apply button to send your resume in confidence directly to Suzanne Gosse, Consultant, Aplin Legal, Sales & Marketing. Visit our website at www.aplin.com to view our job opportunities, career tips and tools. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. #LI-EDM
WE APPRECIATE YOUR INTEREST IN DAVID APLIN GROUP.
If this is your first introduction to us, we invite you to become one of our satisfied candidates. David Aplin Group has been Canadian owned since 1975. Our professional consultants are passionate about helping you find a fulfilling job or career and ensuring your complete satisfaction with our process. Our proven track record, nearly 4 decades long, is largely due to our team of highly skilled and successful specialists. Through superior service and a commitment to long-term relationships, we provide deep specialization in core areas for complete recruiting and HR solutions across Canada - all from one source. We look forward to exceeding your expectations!
Learn more about David Aplin Group and view all of our current job opportunities, career tips, and tools at www.aplin.com.