Kira Systems is a powerful machine learning software that identifies, extracts, and analyzes text in your contracts and other documents. Our software is intuitive and easy-to-use to uncover relevant information for some of the largest law firms, professional services and corporate companies in the world.
Kira Systems negotiates license agreements with prospective customers. Our clients are generally law firms, professional service firms, and law departments, and so they tend to thoroughly negotiate legal terms. As Counsel - Commercial Contracts, you will own this negotiation: setting legal terms, updating our playbooks, and enforcing business rules.
As a company, we strive to provide our customers with a consistently great experience. While representing our company interests, you will be need to be pleasant to deal with and responsive, and try to conclude negotiations quickly and fairly.
- Negotiate contracts, primarily our sales contracts, which are software licenses and SaaS subscription agreements, but also NDAs and some agreements with our vendors.
- Work with relevant business teams to bring their deals to signing, efficiently and effectively.
- Enhance and follow a negotiation playbook.
- Collaborate with sales and finance to understand and implement key business rules as they arise.
- Collaborate with our operations and finance teams to ensure executed contracts’ obligations are accurately reflected in CRM and other tracking systems. (This will be a lot more fun than it initially sounds, because you will get to use our Kira software to help you do this efficiently.)
- A law degree.
- Admitted to practice in a relevant jurisdiction (note: most of our contracts are governed under US law, with the remainder primarily under Canadian or UK law).
- 4+ years corporate law experience, at least 2 years of which must have been spent primarily negotiating contracts, with ideally a mix of time spent at a top tier firm and in-house in a sales contract negotiation focused role.
- You are supremely practical and business-minded, taking business goals for the contract every bit as seriously as legal issues.
- A tendency to document and systematize your work. You negotiate quickly, and seek to make the next negotiation even quicker.
- Impeccable judgment, strong communication skills and the ability to work in a team.
- You accurately represent what we are like to work with as an organization, by being respectful, careful and courteous.
Why Join Kira Systems?
- Team. Our team is filled with smart, curious, independent, self-motivated, and nice people. Together, we have a happy and fun team culture
- It’s early stage. So there are lots to still discover and develop - which makes for a great learning environment where you can build experiences and lots of opportunities for you to dig in.
- Personal Development. We work on challenging problems. It’s hard, in a good way.
- Technology and Design. Machine learning is driving a new industrial revolution, and it’s terrific to work closely with this impactful technology. Moreover, we care about great design and a great customer experience.
- Lots of benefits and perks - you can read about them here: www.kirasystems.com/careers
While experience and skills are valuable - growth potential, values and attitudes are equally important to be a successful Kiran. If you're prepared to grow and aren’t above doing anything (we’re pretty low ego over here - we just do what needs to get done!), consider applying. We understand that the most creative solutions require diversity in thought and life experiences.
Kira Systems believes that at the foundation of our success are the people who work here. We are an equal opportunity employer and believe our diversity is a driver of success at our company. Any race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation or identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status are welcome here. Accommodations are available on request for all aspects of the selection process.
Please be aware that due to the nature of our business all successful candidates must clear a background check before beginning employment.