Corporate Law Clerk
- Timbercreek Asset Management
- Toronto, ON
- Law Clerk
- Job Type
- Full time
- Minimum Level of Education
- College diploma
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 4-10 years
Timbercreek is an active investor, owner and manager of global real estate assets. Founded in 1999, Timbercreek currently manages over $9 billion in total assets, including syndicated debt under administration as of December 31, 2018, across three key investment strategies; direct investments in mortgages and other debt secured by real estate, direct investments in real estate and investment in publicly traded companies that own investment-grade real estate. As a global investment manager, property manager and lender, Timbercreek’s audiences are broad and include multi-residential tenants, commercial real estate owners, investment advisors, individual investors and institutional investors. Timbercreek has been named multiple times as one of Canada’s Fastest-growing Companies by PROFIT 500 and has been recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work.
About the Position:
Timbercreek is currently seeking a Corporate Law Clerk who will be responsible for assisting the Legal group with ongoing corporate legal and secretarial matters, transactional support and governance and regulatory matters. The successful candidate will have a strong background in corporate, securities and governance matters, be highly organized with an attention to detail, and be able to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment.
- Administration and maintenance of Timbercreek’s document management systems, including virtual minute books (in coordination with external legal counsel), transaction record books, and corporate filings.
- Assist and support fund formation and asset level transactions by coordinating document completion, execution and delivery to investors and other transaction parties.
- Coordinate the formation of new entities and other corporate changes (together with external legal counsel and clerking services).
- Maintenance of corporate and securities filing calendar for all corporate and securities regulatory filing requirements.
- Coordination and management of public disclosure filing processes for corporate and fund reporting issuers (together with external legal counsel and clerking services).
- Assist with maintaining firm and individual registrations with various regulatory bodies, including securities commissions, stock exchanges, and other financial service regulators in Canada and other foreign jurisdictions.
- Initiate and manage, together with other relevant contributors, the scheduling, agendas, materials and minutes for Board and committee meetings of Timbercreek’s private and public entities.
- Coordinate preparation for annual and special security holders meetings of Timbercreek’s public entities.
- Ongoing maintenance and administration of other general corporate matters, including insurance policy renewals.
Education and Experience:
- Legal clerk diploma or certification.
- 6-10 years of experience as a legal clerk in corporate services at a law firm, and/or with a large transactional company.
- Excellent organizational skills - ability to manage numerous distinct entities across multiple business lines.
- Ability to complete and deliver work product within fixed deadlines, and at times on a rush basis.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to deliver high quality work product.
- Proactive - able to anticipate and identify business needs and propose potential solutions.
- Flexible/cooperative – eager to assist with various tasks that may fall out of the original scope of work.
- Independently driven and able to complete tasks and projects without supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication
Timbercreek Asset Management Inc. is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer. If you require a disability–related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process please email us. We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code. While we appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank all applicants for their submissions.
- Flexibility - Advanced
- Multi-tasking Skills - Advanced
- Interpersonal Skills - Advanced
- Communication Skills - Adanced
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently - Advanced
- Organization Skills - Advanced
- Attention to Detail - Advanced
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
6-10 years: Legal clerk