Contract Administrator (All Levels), Legal Services - Pool of Candidates
- Dorval, Québec
- Lawyer - In House Counsel, Lawyer - Other
- Area of Practice
- Corporate/Commercial Law
- Minimum Level of Education
- Professional degree - LL.B
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 4-10 years
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
As a member of the Legal Services and Contracts team based in Dorval, Québec, you will report to the Manager of Contracts and lead all contract activities from negotiation of any new agreements through to contract closeout for:
Aircraft sales transactions (purchase agreements), or
Supplier contracts (procurement agreements).
In the contract administration teams supporting aircraft sales, we have the following types of positions (you may be required to occasionally travel and work extended hours during peak business periods):
Contracts on traditional aircraft transactions
Contracts on specialized aircraft and modifications programs
Contracts on fleet programs
Contracts for the customer experience team
In the contract administration teams supporting the procurement organization, we have the following types of positions (you may be required to occasionally travel in North America, Europe or Asia to support Bombardier’s activities):
Procurement agreements for aircraft systems and structures
Procurement agreements for information technology
We are looking for both contract administrators and senior contract administrators for current and future opportunities.
TRADITIONAL AIRCRAFT SALES:
- Lead the negotiation of agreements for the sale of private jets around the world. You will be responsible for drafting complex and specialized terms and conditions that balance Bombardier’s risk and the needs of our unique customers;
- Collaborate with a team of highly skilled, highly accomplished business and legal minds to achieve the best results for Bombardier;
- Manage multi-million dollar cross-border closings on a regular basis;
- Participate and contribute in meetings with Bombardier senior management and with high net worth individuals.
SPECIALIZED AIRCRAFT AND MODIFICATION PROGRAMS:
Support complex aircraft and/or modification program sales, delivery objectives by providing ongoing commercial and/or legal support to internal and external customers;
Drive business results by anticipating risks and, in concert with internal stakeholders, initiate creative and effective mitigation plans to protect Bombardier’s interest and protect aircraft delivery and program schedules;
Liaise with internal stakeholders, including Sales, Legal Services, Export Control, Tax, Risk Management, Finance, Program Management and Customer Account Management to ensure rigorous contract compliance and adherence to corporate policies, all while delivering an exceptional customer experience;
Lead negotiations and draft contractual documents including amendments, assignments and service agreements.
- Negotiate and draft contractual documents regarding amendments, restructurings and financing;
- Proactively ensure that contract risks are evaluated, assessed and brought to management's attention for resolution;
- Monitor contract and aircraft status to ensure accuracy, progress and completeness;
- Initiate correspondence and invoices to customers in accordance with the contract;
- Support aircraft delivery objectives by providing ongoing commercial and/or legal support to internal and external customers;
- Participate in customer meetings as well as departmental and program reviews;
- Prepare contract summaries and input data into appropriate databases and systems.
CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE (parts distribution, service centers, line stations, customer response and training):
- Draft, review and negotiate contracts for complex commercial transactions, including preparation of RFPs, engineering services agreements, statements of work, parts agreements, maintenance contracts, leases, aftermarket service and support agreements, sale and lease back of real and personal property, repair agreements, asset purchase agreements and sales contracts (need to be comfortable drafting agreements from scratch);
- Play a key role in developing and implementing the strategy to facilitate the successful conclusion of a variety of commercial transactions ensuring that the business risks are mitigated;
- Proactively manage risk and develop business solutions to facilitate the expansion of our aftermarket Customer Services and Support teams;
- Improve the compliance program for all parts of the Customer Experience organization by assessing any major compliance risks in the Customer Experience organization, carrying out a gap analysis, developing policies and best practices where needed and being accountable for monitoring and managing compliance processes and policies.
PROCUREMENT AGREEMENTS FOR AIRCRAFT SYSTEMS AND STRUCTURES:
- Identify risks and support the drafting, review and negotiation of complex procurement agreements with suppliers for aircraft systems and major structures, including, purchase, manufacturing, service and consulting agreements;
- Support the Procurement teams responsible for aircraft systems and structures, as well as supporting Bombardier’s sourcing activities in the fast growing after-market and services sector;
- Under the supervision of Legal Counsel, support claims management, including reviewing and negotiating settlement agreements;
- Proactively manage risk through training and coaching of your business partners, as well as through the creation and implementation of efficient contract governance processes.
PROCUREMENT AGREEMENTS FOR INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY:
- Support the drafting, review and negotiation of various agreements with external suppliers of information technology goods and services, including software licenses, equipment purchase and lease agreements, cloud services agreements, outsourcing agreements, consulting agreements, data processing agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and other similar documents;
- Interface with the Global IT Procurement team and the Bombardier Business & Information Solutions teams to help refine and focus requirement documents, statements of work and project descriptions.
As our ideal candidate,
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Law, combined with five (5) or more years of experience in drafting and negotiating complex transactions/contracts/procurement agreements/IT contracts, risk management, and/or contract management experience;
- You have strong business acumen, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and can advocate with confidence and diplomacy;
- You have excellent time-management and organizational skills, you take initiative, make sound decisions and are detail-oriented;
- You show strong leadership and have the ability to work autonomously with minimal direction;
- You thrive in a deadline-driven, results-oriented environment and have the flexibility to adapt to rapidly changing priorities;
- SALES AND CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE: You have strong negotiation, drafting and communication skills as well as a superior capacity to influence and convince people;
- SPECIALIZED AIRCRAFT AND FLEET PROGRAMS: Knowledge of contract/Purchase Order terms and conditions and the government contracting process including sole source and competitive procurements would be an asset;
- PROCUREMENT CONTRACTS: You have experience in claims management and support to manufacturing operations;
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY CONTRACTS: You have previous academic or work experience related to, or a strong personal interest in, Information Technology. You also have experience in the negotiation of IT contracts and agreements, including software licensing and complex procurement transactions;
- You have the ability to work flexible, extended and/or irregular working hours in line with business needs, together with an ability to travel on short notice when required;
- Proven experience or knowledge of the aviation industry is an asset;
- You are perfectly bilingual (French and English), both verbally and in writing. Knowledge of a foreign language would be an asset.
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Your ideas move people.